• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Randal Grichuk

Blarg

Maybe they brought him up too early. Other than his first playoff game home run he pretty much has done nothing offensively for the Cardinals and wasn't impressive in his regular season as well. His defense has not been what you would call impressive.

2014 regular season batting .245/.278/.400

2014 post season batting .174/.208/.304

Looks like the Cards wasted their Rondons in this trade.  

I'd love to have Grichuk back, but I'm happy with getting Freese. Wish it could have been just a Freese for Bourjos trade. 

Exactly. I love having Freese on the team...but why was Grichuck included in the trade? 

High strikeout rate with zero walks where ever the guy plays. I will believe it when i see it.

Even though being a PEDs guy, Nelson Cruz fits this description and has been a big help to the Rangers and O's.

Plus Grichuk is a better fielder with a similarly strong arm, and faster on the bases.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Another plus for the Cards is Matt Carpenter playing 3B instead of Freese.

for 2014 that's been an upgrade.

and now, Matt Carpenter has been hitting up a storm in the post-season.

deal worked ok for both teams -- Bourjos wasn't going to play here (and apparently not much in St. Louis either) and Grichuk is now started at time for them.

Freese was not quite the player at third most thought he was (slow defensively, not  a great glove at 3B and very slow base runner/ Mr. GIDP) although his bat seems to come alive about mid-August............Salas provided some pen depth for much of the season but also proved to be unreliable down the stretch and in the post-season......

Feel bad for Bourjos -- thought his style of play would make him a fan favorite but he got off to a slow start, then got hurt and, not sure why, but the fans sort of turned on him........had some moments for the Cards but never seemed to be able to provide them with what they needed.........now he's sort of invisible during the playoffs.......

Grichuk still has the potential to be a stud player. Part of the amazing 2009 draft. Imagine if the team kept everyone from that draft, Grichuk, Trout, Skaggs, Richards, Corbin, Reynolds (who's still in the system), and Carpenter (the guy in the Braves pen).

Wrong david carpenter

Maybe they brought him up too early. Other than his first playoff game home run he pretty much has done nothing offensively for the Cardinals and wasn't impressive in his regular season as well. His defense has not been what you would call impressive.

2014 regular season batting .245/.278/.400

2014 post season batting .174/.208/.304

Looks like the Cards wasted their Rondons in this trade.  

What 22 year old OF prospect currently in the system do we have that could put up an 87 OPS+?     He managed 0.6 WAR in 116 PAs...   Club control for another 6 years...  Yeah, I doubt the Cards regret that move. 

Sorry, would much rather have him playing LF than our current LFer...

What 22 year old OF prospect currently in the system do we have that could put up an 87 OPS+?     He managed 0.6 WAR in 116 PAs...   Club control for another 6 years...  Yeah, I doubt the Cards regret that move. 

Sorry, would much rather have him playing LF than our current LFer...

And he probably would have been preferable to the Cron/Navarro DH black hole we had later in the season. I don't think anyone really thought Grichuk would be ready this year, but the Cards had a need and he's done okay for them.