• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Erick Aybar

Glen

By far my favorite player on the team. Dude will take some risks which will make him look stupid at times but it's all good. He has the smartest baseball IQ on the team.

He spends lots of time with Pujols working on their hitting .

I have two Angels jerseys ... one says Erstad and the other says Aybar.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I just can't believe it was actually the A's who had a stupid play like that. It looked exactly like something that the Angels would do. 

The A's actually had a case. Otero had possession of the ball and Aybar clearly changed course in order to collide with him. Can those types of plays not be reviewed?

By far my favorite player on the team. Dude will take some risks which will make him look stupid at times but it's all good. He has the smartest baseball IQ on the team.

He spends lots of time with Pujols working on their hitting .

I have two Angels jerseys ... one says Erstad and the other says Aybar.

How do you find them mixed in with all of your other team jerseys?

if you look at the replay Aybar stepped to the left quickly and ran into the pitcher, but Moss was towards the right/straight anyway so no real path open

The rules allow the runner to deviate a little from the base path in order to avoid a tag, but he can't zig-zag around the field in order in order to make contact with a fielder (especially one that's already fielded the ball). 

He had no ability to chose a safe path to avoid either the ball in play or either fielder. They put up a wall between him and the base. The call was correct simply because no matter who fielded the ball the other player was interfering.

What was amazing was Aybar immediately appealed to the home plate umpire knowing he going to be awarded first base. I'm not sure how many other players in baseball know to make the appeal. It was obvious Melvin doesn't know the rules and played the the game under protest.

Have you guys watched the video? Aybar ran along the foul line while Moss and Otero were in the process of fielding the ball on the infield green. That scenario is incredibly common and by no definition is it considered obstruction. They only collided because Aybar veered to his left. A runner cannot do that for the same reason he can't get in front of a ball being thrown to first base. 

Sneaky, obviously you do not understand the rule as it is applied to interference. Let's try football terms since you can't understand baseball coming from a football town.

Defensive Pass interference, the point of infraction where the ball is spotted and an automatic first down.

Simple, right?

Edited by Mudville

Sneaky, obviously you do not understand the rule as it is applied to interference. Let's try football terms since you can't understand baseball coming from a football town.

Defensive Pass interference, the point of infraction where the ball is spotted and an automatic first down.

Simple, right?

I don't watch stupid sports like American football. 

I don't understand the basis for Melvin's protest. If Aybar avoided the two A's players, he would have been called out for running out of the path to 1B.

Melvin only has a valid complaint if there is only one defender on the play. He was grasping at straws trying to argue it was OK to run a linebacker blitz.

(just trying to make it easy for Sneaky to understand)