• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Erick Aybar

Glen

Agreed. I thought he did or on purpose at first but after watching it enough it does appear like he saw them in his path rather late and had to make a choice.

It was wrong. No reason the A's should be punished for Aybar choosing wrong.

Again you are not getting it. They A's played it wrong. They put two people in the basepath. Once that occurred they created an infraction of the obstruction rule. Ayabr did what a runner is allowed to do, they did do what the defense is allowed to do and that is create a roadblock of bodies. The A's screwed up a fielding play, it is as simple as that.

Again you are not getting it. They A's played it wrong. They put two people in the basepath. Once that occurred they created an infraction of the obstruction rule. Ayabr did what a runner is allowed to do, they did do what the defense is allowed to do and that is create a roadblock of bodies. The A's screwed up a fielding play, it is as simple as that.

Again if both fielders are legitimately going after the ball then there is no obstruction. Fielded are allowed to field. Aybar eliminated the chance for obstruction by veering inside. Moss was no longer in his way when he wasn't attempting to field the ball. He was only in the way while he was fielding.

Where in the rules does it state that two people in the basepaths is obstruction?

Edited by HaloMagic

It doesn't ****ing matter the legiitmacy of their combined intent to field the ball.

Look, let's go step by step.

Did Aybar interfere with the ball in play or a player fielding the ball. Answer no.

Was Moss in the basepath without the ball in hand. Yes.

Moss is guilty of obstruction regardless of the path Aybar chose to take. It does not matter that the Pitcher snatched the ball at the last second, if he hadn't then he is obstructing the base path.

The rules state no player, sungular or multiple can impede the runners progress when they are not fielding or applying a tag. Moss did not field the ball, that means he is just an impediment on the field.

I get that you love arguing lost causes but at this point it is just idiocy.

The moment he didn't field the ball, the basepath is not just the chalkline.

But when he was no longer fielding that wasn't the basepath anymore. Aybar had already moved inside. The only time Moss was in Aybar's path was when he was fielding. Do you believe that since Aybar zigzagged he was allowed to have a 10 foot wide running path?

The rule doesn't state the fielder must obtain the ball. Moss was fielding. Aybar ran inside. Moss wasnt fielding. Aybar wasn't impeded by him anymore, as he had changed his path. Now he was impeded by Otero. Otero had the ball. Had Aybar not veered your point might be valid. But the only time Moss impeded Aybar was when he was fielding.

Edited by HaloMagic

But when he was no longer fielding that wasn't the basepath anymore. Aybar had already moved inside.

Vinny Gambini: Are we to believe that baselines move in your stadium more than on any place on the face of the earth?

HaloMagic: I don't know.

Vinny Gambini: Well, perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist in your stadium. Were these magic baselines? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

A runner's lane doesn't automatically include the chalk line and several feet on either side. If there are no opposing fielders around, the runner could technically zig-zag and do the running man. However if someone is trying to field the ball nearby, the runner can't run in a straight, efficient line from station to station and then decide to veer off course so he can disrupt the play.

The 3-foot rule Inside_Pitch referenced means that if a fielder has the ball and is standing directly between the runner and the base, the runner can move up to 3 feet on either side in order to avoid the tag. 

Vinny Gambini: Are we to believe that baselines move in your stadium more than on any place on the face of the earth?

Vinny Gambini: Well, perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist in your stadium. Were these magic baselines? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?

7 bushes!

Im just a fast chalk drawer I guess