• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Options...

Chuck

Texas has financially screwed themselves for the next 5-7 years with the Fielder trade and profar can't seem to stay healthy. I believe that they realize that their window has closed and may start trading away pieces. It would take a big haul, but I think Darvish can be had.

Huh? They'll probably be competitive again by 2016 so they'll probably want to hang on to Darvish. If they were to trade him, he wouldn't be moved for anything less than three top 20 prospects. 

" Dee says he doesn’t have any directive in place that instructs Preller to make August trades. “That’s going to be up to him,” Dee says, noting that the Padres have both Ian Kennedy and Joaquin Benoit are under control for 2015. “It would have to be tremendous value,” says Dee."

Realistically there is no replacing Richards, he's been one of the top 10 pitchers in the AL some might say the NL all season, there simply is no hope of replacing him on the trade market.   The team is in a situation where it's looking to replace improve on it's numbers 3-5 and again, realistically they are simply looking to replace their number 5 pitcher for 7-8 starts.   I personally would try the AA guys, all of them.   As I said earlier, the rosters will expand in 10 days..  IMO they might as well call up everyone remotely capable at that time and have them ALL pitch two innings every 5th day in hopes one of them shows some ability.  If you can get a guy like Colon for just payroll relief great but it seems like a real reach that he would get by any of Seattle, Detroit (who has SP woes of their own), the Dodgers, and possibly even the A's.

They need to focus on their in house candidates because the post deadline trade market is more than just matching up players between two teams, it's a chess match between everyone in contention.  

Is Rucinski truly not ready yet?

I don't know if it matters whether or not he is ready.  The Angels will need to roll the dice and go with someone.  Their best bet for results over the short haul is probably whatever pitcher in the system has the most deception and the best off speed pitch.  Randy Wolf may have the best resume, but there is also the biggest book out on him.   Rucinski, DeLoach even possibly Roth and his GB tendencies might be their best options.

It's going to be hard but it's not impossible an adequate fourth starter falls to us and if we do we need to go with it. We're one injury away from having Wade LeBlanc or Michael Roth starting a playoff game and even if the remaining guys stay healthy, a playoff rotation of Weaver, Santiago, Shoemaker and Wilson sounds about as fun as performing sexual acts on myself. There's no way we can fix the fact every team in the playoffs will have a better front of the rotation than us, but maybe we can make the depth a bit less dire.

Just go all in again. Ask Texas what they want for Darvish if we take on Choo and his entire salary. Or you see if Cliff Lee is healthy yet and take his entire contract. Just take any starter that has cleared waivers and take on that teams bloated contract. Or ask the Cubs what they want for the starter they want to dump, his name escapes me, but he was signed last off season.

Just go all in again. Ask Texas what they want for Darvish if we take on Choo and his entire salary. Or you see if Cliff Lee is healthy yet and take his entire contract. Just take any starter that has cleared waivers and take on that teams bloated contract. Or ask the Cubs what they want for the starter they want to dump, his name escapes me, but he was signed last off season.

Edwin Jackson?   

Besides our own in-house options which are either inexperienced and in Double A or veterans like Wolf and LeBlanc who are not that great, who out there would you go after (realistically). Who's available?

Not saying all these are great options but at least they have MLB experience and might be available - and it's for 7 or 8 starts.  And with Angels in first place the A's would probably block them from getting to the Angels.  Just not sure the Angels AAA or AA pitchers are capable or ready to step in and give the starts needed.

Trevor Cahill - DBacks

Edwin Jackson - Cubs

Bartolo Colon - Mets

AJ Burnett - Phillys

Ricky Nolasco - Twins

John Danks - WSox

Edited by ksangel

Darvish is on the DL and not expected to pitch again this season. I doubt he would clear a medical exam. Also, Texas is not going to do anything to directly help the Angels.