• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Options...

Chuck

Let's mark for the exclamation point?

Colon's last 5 starts have produced 4 great outings (30 innings, 5 ERs) with one poor outing (4.2 innings, 6 ERs) in the middle.

2/3 of his 24 starts have been quality starts, his WHIP is a solid 1.15, and he still has really good command.

His $10 million salary for 2015 would turn away many. We could absorb it, assuming he pitches decently for one more season in 2015 while Richards and Skaggs are rehabbing for part or all of 2015.

The down side would mainly be that not many re-acquisitions work out well. But maybe this would be different?

Plus, how much longer would he be on bereavement leave?

Colon's last 5 starts include 2 vs Philly (#28 in ops) and 1 each vs M's (#26) and SF (#23)

Also, his ERA away from CitiField is 4.59

Edited by Lou

Ian Kennedy was an element in the Street deliberations but, at the time, Angels were heavily focused on closer needs.  As someone said he's arbitration eligible in 2015, FA in 2016.  Solid pitcher on a crummy team, could potentially move into #2 slot behind Weavs.  Rumor around here is Pods are listening, but in no hurry.  They have a new GM who might be ready to make a splash, but the price would be high.

I don't know, a couple of the arms in AA are putting up some pretty good numbers.  DeLoach is pitching to a 1.98 ERA in AA, and he was very good here in San Bernardino.  Kohn has a big arm, and will pitch again in the majors for someone.  There are a couple of pieces left that may bring in a starting pitcher.

Guys lets be real here.. we are talking about a guy to make what, 7ish starts?
Short of getting an ace, which isnt going to happen because we dont have the parts to get one, we need to look at it from the standpoint of getting thru the season.

If we assume Richards would have won 5 of those starts, an average guy would win hopefully 4 of them... the difference isnt that gigantic to justify overpaying.
Im sure this is where the issue of the one game playoff rears its ugly head again in which case that was always gonna be a crapshoot
assuming we get passed that again i dont see them bringing in someone to take over one of the top 3 spots in the rotation after being here a month.

the bottom line here is that we need the guys we have that are supposed to be at the top ofthat rotation to pick it up, or the rest wont make any difference.
Weaver and Wilson need to find their roles again for the post season and fill in tjhe extra starting spots with Santiago and Shoe... are we weaker without Richards, yes, but it isnt a game breaker since those guys have to get it done anyway or the rest wont matter.

i think flop has it right.

whoever pitches in those 7 games needs to just not be horrendous.

santiago and shoemaker need to keep up what they've been doing, and more importantly weaver and wilson need to step it the **** up. with weaver i think he's doing everything he can and it's just a matter of declining skills. with wilson, i don't know what his problem is, but he needs to figure it out.

WW, my guess is the problem with Wilson isn't anything in his control, so getting pissed at him or calling him out, like we often do on this board is silly. His stuff isn't as sharp and his velocity is down. That isn't a lack of effort or a case of him trying to nibble, hell if you ask me it is a reason for him to nibble. He is either entering a major decline, or he has an undisclosed injury. If that is the case, its not like we have someone better in the wings, we just have to hope he finds a way to be effecitve like this.

What if we traded for another bat? Just beat teams with offense and our bullpen.

ive thought of that too.

Problem is, who is out there who would clear waivers, be better than someone we could replace, and be cheap enough for what we have to trade?

We could get a corner outfielder or a dh I guess? No 3B out there. No middle infielder who would improve us. No catcher.

Not really anyone I could think of that would be available and improve us