• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Options...

Chuck

Not saying all these are great options but at least they have MLB experience and might be available - and it's for 7 or 8 starts. And with Angels in first place the A's would probably block them from getting to the Angels. Just not sure the Angels AAA or AA pitchers are capable or ready to step in and give the starts needed.

Trevor Cahill - DBacks

Edwin Jackson - Cubs

Bartolo Colon - Mets

AJ Burnett - Phillys

Ricky Nolasco - Twins

John Danks - WSox

Of that list my first choice would be Danks, then Cahill, then probably Nolasco. I don't really want Colon and I am nearly positive Arte doesn't want him. I also don't think there is any chance we get AJ.

Edwin Jackson?   

Cubs placed RHP Edwin Jackson on the 15-day disabled list with a right lat strain.

Jackson was hammered for seven earned runs in just 2 2/3 innings Wednesday in a loss to the Giants, dropping him to 6-14 on the year with a 6.09 ERA. He is owed $22 million over the next two seasons. This is a mess.

My dad suggested something interesting, he was talking about Darvish (admittedly I spaced out for part of it because I think there is no way in hell we get Darvish) but he suggested taking on Andrus' contract. I live in Dallas and listen to 103.3 Dallas ESPN radio and everyone is incredibly sour towards Andrus. If it meant Darvish, I would take on Andrus' contract in a heartbeat

My dad suggested something interesting, he was talking about Darvish (admittedly I spaced out for part of it because I think there is no way in hell we get Darvish) but he suggested taking on Andrus' contract. I live in Dallas and listen to 103.3 Dallas ESPN radio and everyone is incredibly sour towards Andrus. If it meant Darvish, I would take on Andrus' contract in a heartbeat

Even if Darvish is history for this season?

The Angels will not be dealing for Yu Darvish...don't even think he's going to take the hill the rest of the year anyways so it wouldn't help as it is.

Think more along the lines of Bartolo Colon (if he could clear waivers)...Edwin Jackson...hell, maybe someone can convince Jamie Moyer to make a comeback. 

Let's mark for the exclamation point?

Colon's last 5 starts have produced 4 great outings (30 innings, 5 ERs) with one poor outing (4.2 innings, 6 ERs) in the middle.

2/3 of his 24 starts have been quality starts, his WHIP is a solid 1.15, and he still has really good command.

His $10 million salary for 2015 would turn away many.    We could absorb it, assuming he pitches decently for one more season in 2015 while Richards and Skaggs are rehabbing for part or all of 2015.

The down side would mainly be that not many re-acquisitions work out well.    But maybe this would be different?

Plus, how much longer would he be on bereavement leave?

Edited by Angel Oracle

He had a horrible first month, then pitched only 12 innings in May/June (injury?). July wasn't good, but he's been lights out in August.

The 2010 version would be a phenomenal pickup.

The D-backs demoted him to the bullpen in late April (don't know why, as all of their starters sucked then...maybe he lacked the requisite amount of "grit" they're always harping about there), then deciided to stretch him out in the minors.

Edited by Mark68