• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Threads

Chuck

Last year I was kicked off the gameday chat twice by a certain mod for saying a player sucks. No foul language or anything outside of just saying something like "Hamilton really sucks." After that, I was done with the chatroom on here. I did try it again today though and mancini said vent away, and I wasn't kicked out due to frustration, so hopefully that has changed. 

Just my two cents, but I think having a separate vent thread was the best, as if you entered that you knew what types of posts you see, plus being able to leave for a few innings, come back and see what others have said would essentially tell you what happened during those innings. I guess too many people complained about that thread which is why it is gone. Too bad, it was one of the more interesting things about the site as it seemed like you were actually watching the game with people in the same room: cursing, getting pissed off frequently, etc. I most be in the minority on that subject though, just wanted to offer another opinion on things.

In any even, thanks for your hard work keeping this site running Chuck and mods.

Last year I was kicked off the gameday chat twice by a certain mod for saying a player sucks. No foul language or anything outside of just saying something like "Hamilton really sucks." After that, I was done with the chatroom on here. I did try it again today though and mancini said vent away, and I wasn't kicked out due to frustration, so hopefully that has changed.

Just my two cents, but I think having a separate vent thread was the best, as if you entered that you knew what types of posts you see, plus being able to leave for a few innings, come back and see what others have said would essentially tell you what happened during those innings. I guess too many people complained about that thread which is why it is gone. Too bad, it was one of the more interesting things about the site as it seemed like you were actually watching the game with people in the same room: cursing, getting pissed off frequently, etc. I most be in the minority on that subject though, just wanted to offer another opinion on things.

In any even, thanks for your hard work keeping this site running Chuck and mods.

Glad your experience was better. We as mods aren't perfect either. Still learning along the way.

Eric is not a mod, he's just on our BOD's.

Lou is a MOD but rarely edits posts, deletes posts or the like.

He does however dish it out when deserved. If people can't take the heat when they're delivering it, they should get out the kitchen. IE has always been sarcastic and played devils advocate or caught people (even myself) posting some crow for members to eat.

......blarg is on your BOD?...

Honestly, a lot of us are watching the game on MLB.TV, which has like a 20-30 second delay. I've had big moments ruined for me in the chat which is why I try to avoid it. It would be cool if you could add a delay option where you only see the posts 20-30 seconds after they happened, or else I'll prefer the regular gameday chat with more heavy moderation.

Honestly, a lot of us are watching the game on MLB.TV, which has like a 20-30 second delay. I've had big moments ruined for me in the chat which is why I try to avoid it. It would be cool if you could add a delay option where you only see the posts 20-30 seconds after they happened, or else I'll prefer the regular gameday chat with more heavy moderation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

OK. We can do both, but I encourage the use of the Gameday Chat over the GDT's. 

For our Mods that are participating in the GDT's, please BAN all members who blast personal attacks at the Angels players, coaches etc If someone appears to be just a negative Nancy or Trolling, ban them for the remainder of the game, then unban them (we can review in the Mod forum how we're to move forward with the member). 

OK. We can do both, but I encourage the use of the Gameday Chat over the GDT's. 

For our Mods that are participating in the GDT's, please BAN all members who blast personal attacks at the Angels players, coaches etc If someone appears to be just a negative Nancy or Trolling, ban them for the remainder of the game, then unban them (we can review in the Mod forum how we're to move forward with the member). 

So can I still say someone sucks in a moment of frustration? I never go to the Scisocia fat jokes or Hamilton drug use. Both are tired and dumb, jsut trying to get a sense of a what a "banable" offense is. 

So can I still say someone sucks in a moment of frustration? I never go to the Scisocia fat jokes or Hamilton drug use. Both are tired and dumb, jsut trying to get a sense of a what a "banable" offense is. 

This is what I'm talking about. I mean, the team has the best record in baseball. While you can vent frustrations if a player strikes out or gives up a run during a crucial part of the game, sure a "THAT SUCKS" "AHHHHH FACK" is much different than a personal attack. I'd even try to refrain from a "YOU SUCK AYBAR" type post, though that is not a ban-able offense if responded to in frustration - not something that's your MO on here as a negative nancy. 

I'm generally not that negative of a poster, at least in my own mind I'm not, however I certainly have said (insert player name) sucks in a gameday thread. I try to leave that type of negative, frustrated, heat-of-the-moment type of post in those threads, avoiding it from spilling into and distracting other thread's purpose(s). I will make an effort to limit that type of response in the gameday threads from now on though.

This is what I'm talking about. I mean, the team has the best record in baseball. While you can vent frustrations if a player strikes out or gives up a run during a crucial part of the game, sure a "THAT SUCKS" "AHHHHH FACK" is much different than a personal attack. I'd even try to refrain from a "YOU SUCK AYBAR" type post, though that is not a ban-able offense if responded to in frustration - not something that's your MO on here as a negative nancy. 

I agree Chuck.  The board is a lot better when its strictly baseball and team discussion, and without the sarcastic ahole attacks on the players.  Any type of criticism regarding the team should always be constructive. 

Maybe it's just me, but I NEVER take anything anyone says about a player or the team in that thread seriously, and I don't think anyone really means anything by it. To me it's more like a commentary of if you were actually at the game, or if you're listening to the radio, or watching on TV and are just like "Godda**it Aybar get yer head outta yer ass!" And I don't think anyone else should take it that serious either.

If the posters in there didn't like watching the team, or really didn't like the team, they wouldn't be posting.

But if you're just trying to clean up the boards, I understand. However, I feel like there's a lot of stuff said and posted in so many other threads on the site, the hangout forum for example, that I don't really see what the difference is. Not trying to be difficult and will try out the chat, I'm just kinda putting it out there. However I don't think I've ever really said anything that applies to what Chuck is talking about in the GDT.

Similar experience through mobile today. Works fine, but it's easier for me to scroll through the responses on the GDT.

That being said, I did see the room was alive and just as enjoyable as the normal GDT and would give it a try again when I'm at work or at home on my PC. 

Edited by Richard