• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Threads

Chuckster70

Guys and Gals, I want to try something new tonight. Instead of creating a GDT and having discussion therein during the game, I'd like you all who normally participate in the GDT's to enter our Gameday Chatroom.

There's a couple reasons for this.

1. I've been getting negative feedback from our mods and members (some new and some of old) who are turned off by the tone, the hate and overall negatively. As you know we went away from having a Vent Thread and our GDT's are unmoderated, but some have used that as a platform to post whatever they want with no consequences.

2. I pay for the Chat service here and it isn't utilized. The Gameday Chat gives you the ability to post comments in real time and not have to scroll from one page to next to see comments. The chat feature here is pretty awesome and can be accessed by any smartphone or any device. Some have even been at the games and we're logged into chat.

I've had a busy summer and have not been around as much as I would like, but the feedback I've received is that the GDT's have been anything but "The New Experience" we hoped to implement for ALL of our members and readers/followers.

So, give it a try tonight and let's see how it goes. Whoever gets the lineup posted first, please post it as "Today's Lineup" and include the date and opponent. Feel free to comment on the lineup or opponent, but use our Chatroom for actual discussion for today's game against the Boston Red Sox.

Thanks!

While I think some people need to take the stick out their butts, I do find it funny how even when the Angels are winning the tone of the thread is as if they are getting blown out. Also discussion disappears when they have a big inning.

My late father grew up in Philadelphia, and when he was 22, his beloved Phillies made it to the World Series for the first time in his life. They got swept in 1950 by the Yankees by scores of 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and 5-2. They had great pitching that year and a very good offense, but the hitters slumped at the end of the season.

The Angels are winning, but they're doing it a bit with smoke and mirrors right now. If the hitting doesn't pick up, it's going to be very tough to sustain this all the way to a WS title. There's just so much you can do with good pitching.

Yeah, I sometimes pop in there anyway. It's been kind of dead lately, while the GDT has been pretty active.

And yeah, it's weird to see people saying this is a terrible team or whatever, meanwhile they're in first place. You can't luck your way into first. You just can't. I'll agree they haven't been playing their best, but a win is a win.

My late father grew up in Philadelphia, and when he was 22, his beloved Phillies made it to the World Series for the first time in his life. They got swept in 1950 by the Yankees by scores of 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and 5-2. They had great pitching that year and a very good offense, but the hitters slumped at the end of the season.

The Angels are winning, but they're doing it a bit with smoke and mirrors right now. If the hitting doesn't pick up, it's going to be very tough to sustain this all the way to a WS title. There's just so much you can do with good pitching.

Just because they're doing it with smoke and mirrors right now, what's stopping the offense from hearing up (like it has been the first half of the season when it was praised as the team's [only] strength) and doing it again? It's baseball. Baseball is hard. Shit like this happens. And what also happens is players figure it out and start performing again.

There have been some out of hand comments recently in the game day thread. Especially about Hamilton.

I think it's ok to acknowledge a player isn't doing well, but making personal attack on their character or life outside of baseball is classless and not what I would like angel fans to be known for.

I agree,people are completely out of control about Hamilton. Why can't everyone just agree he's not the player he used to be? Just say "he sucks". The comments about his past drug and alcohol abuse are offensive and should continue to be taken down by the mods. I'm as frustrated as anyone about this guy. It pains me everyday that we're paying him 25 million dollars the next 3 seasons. But some take it to the next level.

This may sound hypocritical but I've been trying to address this.

I know you have. You aren't one of those people. You're the AW mod who will talk to the police while Lou and Eric yell about burrito fillings and Chuck sits on the curb staring into space wondering wtf he was thinking.

I know you have. You aren't one of those people. You're the AW mod who will talk to the police while Lou and Eric yell about burrito fillings and Chuck sits on the curb staring into space wondering wtf he was thinking.

Eric is not a mod, he's just on our BOD's. 

Lou is a MOD but rarely edits posts, deletes posts or the like. 

He does however dish it out when deserved. If people can't take the heat when they're delivering it, they should get out the kitchen. IE has always been sarcastic and played devils advocate or caught people (even myself) posting some crow for members to eat. 

I agree,people are completely out of control about Hamilton. Why can't everyone just agree he's not the player he used to be? Just say "he sucks". The comments about his past drug and alcohol abuse are offensive and should continue to be taken down by the mods. I'm as frustrated as anyone about this guy. It pains me everyday that we're paying him 25 million dollars the next 3 seasons. But some take it to the next level.

The only comment about his past that would be relevant to his present is that such activities can age the body more than usual. It could have something to do with his decline, but to measure it is not possible.

Edited by fan_since79

I only just saw this after the game, but would it be possible to do a mix of both? Normally I'm watching on the computer and flicking to the gameday thread during breaks/quiet periods and that's enough to keep up. With chat I doubt it would be and I imagine that applies to anyone who isn't constantly sitting in the chat room the whole game.