• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL MVP? Is there really someone worthy this season?

Ohtaniland

Or is it a poor mans year?

2013 Cabrera .348 / 44hrs / 137rbi's / 1.078ops / 94 k's

2012 Cabrera .330 / 44hrs / 139rbi's / .999ops / 98 k's

2011 Verlander 24-5 / 2.40 era / 250 strikeouts

2010 Hamilton .359 / 32hrs / 100rbi's / 1.044ops / 95 k's

2009 Mauer .365 / 28hrs / 96rbi's / 1.031ops / 63 k's

Trout's current numbers are .288 / 27hrs / 86rbi's / .937ops / 133 k's

If Seattle makes the playoffs don't rule out Cano or King Felix. 

Mike Trout is absolutely a worthy candidate.  If he continues to struggle, he won't get it, but everyone struggles, and people seem to go overboard with what's happened lately.  Looking at a player's numbers after they've been hot (Felix Hernandez) or cold (Mike Trout) is usually misleading.  

The blatant disregard for advanced statistics is silly. The only recent MVP candidate Mike Trout doesn't compare well to... is Mike Trout.  

Mike Trout is absolutely a worthy candidate.  If he continues to struggle, he won't get it, but everyone struggles, and people seem to go overboard with what's happened lately.  Looking at a player's numbers after they've been hot (Felix Hernandez) or cold (Mike Trout) is usually misleading.  

The blatant disregard for advanced statistics is silly. The only recent MVP candidate Mike Trout doesn't compare well to... is Mike Trout.  

Felix has been Hot since May.

Don't count out Abreu - he's hitting .305 with 31 HR and 89 RBI. We all know what chicks and BBWAA voters have in common: they both dig the long ball (and ribbies). Let's say he finishes at .300 with 40 HR and 110 RBI. If Trout doesn't turn his shtick around and continues to struggle, ending at something like .275 with 30 HR and 100 RBI then it will to Abreu or Felix.

By the way, Trout just dropped to #2 in the AL in fWAR - he's now behind Alex Gordon. His fWAR has dropped about 0.5 in the last couple weeks. Talk about a tailspin.

In 2003 a 23 year old Albert Pujols hit .359 / 43hrs / 124rbi's / 1.106ops / 8.5 oWAR (MVP-2) (Barry Bonds)

In 1954 a 23 year old Willie Mays hit .345 / 41hrs / 110rbi's / 1.078ops / 8.6  oWAR (MVP-1)

In 1957 a 23 year old Hank Aaron hit .322 / 44hrs / 132rbi's / .978ops / 7.8  oWAR (MVP-1)

In 1998 a 23 year old Vlad Guerrero hit .324 / 38hrs / 109rbi's / .960ops / 5.7 oWAR (MVP-13)

The game sure has changed.

It's going to be one of those years where it's won in September. That's how Vlad got his. 11 HR 25 RBI 1.150 OPS in the last 30 games on a playoff team. Trout's going to need a 1.000+ OPS month of September to make the voters forget this month, which is his worst since becoming a starter.

Mike Trout while probably the best player in baseball. Gave up on being the best overall talent to try to hit more home runs. He gave up on stolen bases because of Pujols or just cause he doesn't want that to be his game anymore. For just power and thats it. He needs to go back to what made him the most exciting player in baseball. Not this swing for the fences every at bat kind of guy. I liked Trout when he first came up and was Henderson.

I doubt he is making a conscious effort to only swing for the fences. I do believe he is making a conscious effort to run less. I think with the hamstring and leg stiffness the past couple seasons he's decided to run less to have less wear and tear on his body.

Mike Trout while probably the best player in baseball. Gave up on being the best overall talent to try to hit more home runs. He gave up on stolen bases because of Pujols or just cause he doesn't want that to be his game anymore. For just power and thats it. He needs to go back to what made him the most exciting player in baseball. Not this swing for the fences every at bat kind of guy. I liked Trout when he first came up and was Henderson.

Miguel Cabrera hit 44 hrs back to back which delivered him back to back MVP awards. So Mike Trout obviously knows what they're looking for.

I doubt he is making a conscious effort to only swing for the fences. I do believe he is making a conscious effort to run less. I think with the hamstring and leg stiffness the past couple seasons he's decided to run less to have less wear and tear on his body.

Pete Rose would be very disappointed to know that Mike Trout is purposely running less to avoid injury.