• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AL MVP? Is there really someone worthy this season?

Ohtaniland

I don't like the idea of giving pitchers MVP unless their performance is exceptional and by exceptional I mean "something no one else has ever done before." And, no, this recent "2 earned run or less streak" doesn't count. He doesn't even have a single shutout.

If a pitcher did something crazy like throw 20 shutouts in a season then, sure, he's the MVP. The reason I don't like giving it to pitchers is that they only affect every fifth game at most unless they are a reliever.

Also, is Hernandez really having a year that much better than Chris Sale?

I think Trout is up there, but he's gotta turn it around in the last two weeks of August.

I don't like the idea of giving pitchers MVP unless their performance is exceptional and by exceptional I mean "something no one else has ever done before." And, no, this recent "2 earned run or less streak" doesn't count. He doesn't even have a single shutout.

If a pitcher did something crazy like throw 20 shutouts in a season then, sure, he's the MVP. The reason I don't like giving it to pitchers is that they only affect every fifth game at most unless they are a reliever.

Also, is Hernandez really having a year that much better than Chris Sale?

I think Trout is up there, but he's gotta turn it around in the last two weeks of August.

Well let's see.

Not only are most of Felix's stats better across the board but Felix has also pitched in 55.1 (or 6 entire games worth) more innings at this point than Chris Sale. So yeah I'd say Felix is doing demonstrably better than Chris Sale. 

Felix also broke a record by pitching in 16 straight starts w/ 7 IP & 2 R or fewer. So I guess that matches your "Something no one else has ever done before." statement, whether you want it to count or not ... don't you think someone would have done it if it was so easy to do prior?

Henderson Alvarez currently holds the leads with 3 shutouts ... might as well give him the Cy.

Felix also has more fWAR than Trout (highest in baseball actually) even though he only makes an appearance once every 5th game. That is how good he has been.

Sorry you got injured Chris. Maybe next year.

Edited by Ender

Firstly, major laughs at judging this on batting average.

Trout will end the season as the worthy winner. There's an inevitable period just around the corner where he'll rake like crazy. In fact he still deserves it now, despite this slump.

Firstly, major laughs at judging this on batting average.

Trout will end the season as the worthy winner. There's an inevitable period just around the corner where he'll rake like crazy. In fact he still deserves it now, despite this slump.

Historically speaking batting average has been a very attractive statistic in terms of MVP voting. If you can't hit .300+ then you better have 45+ home runs and 125+ rbi's to sell it. 

Pete Rose would be very disappointed to know that Mike Trout is purposely running less to avoid injury.

Yea and Pete Rose was never as big as Trout, oh and Pete's too big stolen base seasons were 16 and 20. Oh and it's not like Trout is being less aggressive in the parts of his game.

Miguel Cabrera hit 44 hrs back to back which delivered him back to back MVP awards. So Mike Trout obviously knows what they're looking for.

Being worried about stupid awards is silly. Why not stay being the Mike Trout we know and be the best player in baseball. Instead of just another run of the mill home run hitter.