• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ALS Ice bucket challenge

I'm such an asshole. If I see people do these videos when I hop on social media I give them props and ask if they donated as well. Everyone has glossed over or avoided the question and continued accepting their props and how awesome they are from their friends for dumping water on themselves. 

Over the past week, all of the posts I've seen have made a point to include the donation link and demand that everyone donate, regardless of whether you ice yourself or not. Props where props are due.

My virtual friends > Brandon's virtual friends

Yea I've noticed that also. I have seen ALS mentioned almost every time now.

I have a cousin whose husband died of ALS and she is so happy to see all of this attention paid and the money donated to fight ALS. There has been a ton of videos on my timeline and virtually all mention ALS and mention the organization name or provide a link. I'd rather see this than all of the stupid inspirational quotes and political posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what you ladies on your period are bitching about. I merely posted a link that was relevant to the discussion.

I ran a large D.A.R.E marketing campaign a very long time ago and only 15% went to actual usage for kids. I'm not a stranger to how non-profits work and where the money goes. 

It was 2am and I was killing time until kickoff. I'm passing along a link with numbers about the company, I think that's important too a lot of people where the money goes from my time working with D.A.R.E. 

I don't give two shits personally. As a businessman, any company that goes from ~4m to over ~100m in a year gets my props on the marketing efforts and idea.

the ALS pie chart is making the rounds on Facebook this week. i imagine a lot of people want to believe that at least 75% goes directly to research, accepting there will be costs associated with running the entire operation.

what i'd like to see now that they've raised ridiculous amounts of money (over $100 mil i believe) is how THAT money is divided. if they put in still only 27% to actual research, it would be right to question why not more. if they put something like 75 mil into research, imagine what a difference that might make in finding a cure. if they suddenly give all of their executives insane bonuses at Christmas, people have a right to be pissed with how they're spending the money.