• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ALS Ice bucket challenge

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2014/08/13/14010633/

It is a great cause. I work with chronic Lyme Disease patients, and we will often get ALS patients who are desperate for any kind of help. They hope that they have been mis-diagnosed, and that a Lyme protocol will help them. It is a very sad situation to see people just slide without any help.

The peeps I see posting ice bucket vids on FB, for the most part have no mention of ALS in the 30 hashtags they list.

This right here. I saw a handfull of people doing this in the beginning like a month ago and not once ALS was mentioned. Just the last few days I've finally seen that this is for ALS awareness.

I haven't been officially challenged yet, but would happily oblige.  It's for a great cause.  You may not like the fact that it's a "social media" thing, but it's bringing-in tons of $ for research.

$4 million compared to $1.1 in the same time-frame last year!

http://www.alsa.org/news/archive/als-ice-bucket-challenge.html

It became "dump ice water on you or donate." So everyone started dumping ice water. I'm all for inventive ways to bring awareness to this awful disease, but don't choose dumping ice water on you over donating.

And post a link to donate when you post your video for crying out loud!

http://www.teamgleason.org/

You are all talking about it aren't you?  The more celebrities/athletes who do it and contribute as well the better.  I bet more people contribute based on one of their favorite ballplayers dumping a bucket of ice water on his head than just being "aware".  It seems to be working because more money is being donated than at this time last year. 

I'd much rather see #icebucketchallenge and #raiseawareness on my instagram feed than #yolo #lol #likeforlike etc..etc..etc...

I don't mind the social activism through social media, its a great way to get the word out and it gets people talking about it. Its all over the news...athletes...country singers...actors...everyone is doing it. Its a great cause...being annoyed by it seems a bit silly.