• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ALS Ice bucket challenge

I noticed there weren't a lot of members posting their videos for various reasons. Here is mine. I did indeed donate $25. To ALSA.org and I know several people that donated as well that were motivated by these videos. When My wife was still working ALSA was one of the charities that she was able to donate to through payroll deduction. There are thousands of videos out there which were done with the best intentions. I think the money raised and awareness raised far outweighs the attention seekers that didn't donate. My message is pure. Feel free to watch or ignore. Your choice.

I worked the ALS booth at the orange street fair. We had some good feedback and some negative.

The ALS OC chapter said they are so overwhelmed with donations. Before the Ice Bucket phenomenon they literally had to beg people to help donate and volunteer for their events. They said they couldn't even get returned calls about sponsorships for their annual walk. Now they're getting all this big companies and people trying to attach their name to ALS. She said the attention is very welcoming but it's been absolutely hectic the last 2 months.

What the lady said from the OC chapter that the ALS national chapter and OC chapter said is that they haven't touched any donations yet. They said if you write down on your check or online donation where you want your donation to go to they will get it there.

We will be at the annual ALS walk at the OC Great Park November 8th

The one that struck me was the idiot who poured an ice bucket over his ten-month-old granddaughter - which the father didn't know had happened until the grandfather posted it on his Facebook page.

Grandfather pours freezing water on baby for ALS ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’

Then there is the moron in Belgium who decided that it would be really cool to have a firefighting plane pass low overhead and dump 400 gallons of water on him from an altitude of less than 25 feet. He is in critical condition at a hospital.

Ice Bucket Challenge: Man hospitalised after firefighting plane drops 400 gallons of water on him