• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Trade Deadline Thread

Tyler

Curious of the club option validity if traded. No way Lackey wants to play at the league minimum next season.

Well then he shouldn't have agreed to a contract that included that clause.

It's still valid if he's traded, and walking away and retiring because he doesn't want to play for the minimum(as some have suggested he might) would be weak as hell.

Well then he shouldn't have agreed to a contract that included that clause.

It's still valid if he's traded, and walking away and retiring because he doesn't want to play for the minimum(as some have suggested he might) would be weak as hell.

He just want to go to a place with beer and chicken, and to put on the feed bag.

With Richards now seemingly beginning a slump, we need Lester.

What starters can WE truly count on at this point? 

I don't know how the team can rely on Richards to pitch 200 innings this year and expect for him to not get injured/ the quality of his innings to not decline. You've said it already, but we need CJ to pitch like he did the first couple months of the season

They don't have the pieces for LEster. Only real possibility is taking on a pitcher from a bad team who is making a lot of money aka Cliff Lee...who hasn't looked good since returning from the DL

my main worry with the team this second half is the young arms fading down the stretch. Really hope Richards isn't startng to tire out. Weav and CJ just simply haven't been guys to lean on this year like RIchards has been when the team needs a big start

It's only 2 bad starts for him, so too early to worry yet. His stretch where he had an ERA well under 2 for about 8-9 starts wasn't going to last, unless his name is Clayton Kershaw, so some regression was expected

It's not like he is taking. He gave up four. Yes I know it's not good but it's not Boanton. He is still keeping us in the games he pitched. Did anyone really think he was going to pitch like Cy Young all.season long?

They don't have the pieces for LEster. Only real possibility is taking on a pitcher from a bad team who is making a lot of money aka Cliff Lee...who hasn't looked good since returning from the DL

my main worry with the team this second half is the young arms fading down the stretch. Really hope Richards isn't startng to tire out. Weav and CJ just simply haven't been guys to lean on this year like RIchards has been when the team needs a big start

It's only 2 bad starts for him, so too early to worry yet. His stretch where he had an ERA well under 2 for about 8-9 starts wasn't going to last, unless his name is Clayton Kershaw, so some regression was expected

Kemp has been the Dodgers hero these last two days ... mistake to trade him?

Hell no. If they could trade him theyd jump to do it. A few games of him looking good doesnt replace his last 2 years, and what his likely next 5 will be.

Hamilton has had a few good streaks too....if we could move him and save half of the money we'd jumpnat that just as quick

Is Arte more nervous now that Lester is going to the A's and telling DiPoto to get Price? Five hours until the deadline. Does Skaggs, Shoemaker, Cron and Green get the deal done? I do not think we have the prospects to pull this off without touching the 25 man roster. Not something that I would do, but just throwing it out for some thoughts?

Is Arte more nervous now that Lester is going to the A's and telling DiPoto to get Price? Five hours until the deadline. Does Skaggs, Shoemaker, Cron and Green get the deal done? I do not think we have the prospects to pull this off without touching the 25 man roster. Not something that I would do, but just throwing it out for some thoughts?

Yah first thing I thought of is this Lester trade going to make the Angels make a desperation move.

Fletcher talking about a Skaggs/Cron package with prospects on twitter right now for Price. Still doesnt think that'd get it done. I'm ok with losing Skaggs and Cron for someone like Price.