• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Trade Deadline Thread

Tyler

I have to wonder if Santiago's recent success would be enough to entice the Rays into dealing Price (in addition to other pieces).

I think the Rays have more incentive than ever to keep Price.  They aren't that far out of the wild card.  If he's dealt, it will be in the offseason.

I would love to have Tulo, it would be pretty much the perfect move. I also wouldn't mind getting Beltre.

Beltre would be my dream move. I've wanted him since forever. But the Rangers have made it known him and Darvish are basically untouchable. I'd have a tough time giving up alot to one of our struggling division rivals.

Tulo's road OPS since 2011 is pretty impressive, given having to hit 9-10 games a season in each of SF, SD, and the Latrine.

And doesn't he still have several years left on his contract, and thus not a rental?

Tulo to 3B, Freese to DH where maybe he can hit even better without fielding to be concerned with

Only concern is Tulo's health history.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Tulo's road OPS since 2011 is pretty impressive, given having to hit 9-10 games a season in each of SF, SD, and the Latrine.

And doesn't he still have several years left on his contract, and thus not a rental?

Tulo to 3B, Freese to DH where maybe he can hit even better without fielding to be concerned with

Only concern is Tulo's health history.

Tulo is signed through 2021

Beltre would be my dream move. I've wanted him since forever. But the Rangers have made it known him and Darvish are basically untouchable. I'd have a tough time giving up alot to one of our struggling division rivals.

If we got Beltre, we would have three former Rangers with one nut between them. 

Say what you will about Jerry, nobody will ever accuse him of being a gutless bitch...   http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/trader-jack-as-seattle-s-gm-struggles-to-complete-deals-some-rival-executives-wonder-072814   Not the best portrayal of Jack Z, then again, it's not the worst either when you compare it to what Eric Wedge and Tony Blengino have gone on record as saying.

Say what you will about Jerry, nobody will ever accuse him of being a gutless bitch...   http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/trader-jack-as-seattle-s-gm-struggles-to-complete-deals-some-rival-executives-wonder-072814   Not the best portrayal of Jack Z, then again, it's not the worst either when you compare it to what Eric Wedge and Tony Blengino have gone on record as saying.

whenever I think of Jack Zduriencik I think of that ridiculous article ranking him a top 5 GM before the Mariners had ever played a game with a roster he had a hand in. I wish I could find it.

edit: my bad...I think it was after 1 year

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2010/03/04/gm-rankings

Edited by red321

The Angels won't be looking for SP depth.  They have that with Santiago being #6, guys like Randy Wolf and Wade LeBlanc in AAA and Roth, Smith and Rucinski in AA.  Those are all pitchers you can bring in for a few starts that won't be absolutely tagged. 

If they do end up going in for a SP, it'd be the sort of guy that would slot between Richards and Weaver in a playoff rotation.  I'd watch for them to make a run at Cliff Lee in August. 

As for Troy Tulowitzki, many of you already know this but for those that don't, the Angels made a serious push for him when Reagins was the GM, and have inquired as to his availability every year since Dipoto took over.  They must know something and they must want him bad.  It won't happen, just because it isn't a fit, but for future references the Angels really like him.