• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should have traded for another starter...

Angels don't have the pieces for Price, but what about Cliff Lee?  Philadelphia's asking price figures to be quite low given that he's owed at minimum 65 million over the next two years and has a performance based option for a 3rd. 

Angels may not have a ton of prospects but this team has shown a willingness to spend money.  

Picture a playoff rotation of Richards, Lee & Weav.  Could be hard to beat.  They've already gone all-in on Street, might as well do it right. 

The Rays mo is to get guys about to break into the bigs.  They got odorizzi and myers for Shields and Price is better and more sought after.  We would have nothing they would want. 

Our best bet would have been to try and get Lee or maybe Hamels.  Phils have to be looking to rebuild and if they aren't, they are kidding themselves. 

I wonder if the stigma of us having a bad farm worked against us in the Street trade. 

I feel like the assets we had in Bourjos, Grichuk, Krehbiel, Borenstein, Lindsey, Morris, Rondon, and Alvarez should have been worth more than a situational lefty, a throw away reliever, a mediocre to pretty poor 3bman, and a very good closer.   But hey, I guess it is what it is and the team is looking really good right now. 

Funny thread. If Skaggs goes 7 with 0 ERs this thread could be replaced with one about how great the rotation is.

except that didn't happen.

the street trade has severely limited our ability to get any kind of decent starter, among other things

but ya great trade! Thumbs up! WS or bust 2014

except that didn't happen.

the street trade has severely limited our ability to get any kind of decent starter, among other things

but ya great trade! Thumbs up! WS or bust 2014

so if we win the WS in 2015 the trade was a bust?

And you think Tampa Bay would be good with that?

I do believe that if we were going to give up that much we should have gone for a starter

We would have been a much better team with Price instead of Street. Another starter would have been 10x more valuable. I would have been willing to give up the same package plus add Cron and anyone else in the Angels system. Price is legit.

Angels don't have the pieces for Price, but what about Cliff Lee?  Philadelphia's asking price figures to be quite low given that he's owed at minimum 65 million over the next two years and has a performance based option for a 3rd. 

Angels may not have a ton of prospects but this team has shown a willingness to spend money.  

Picture a playoff rotation of Richards, Lee & Weav.  Could be hard to beat.  They've already gone all-in on Street, might as well do it right. 

This is what I think is doable. The Phillies would probably give us Lee if we gave them, say, Cron or Navarro and agreed to take on the vast majority of Lee's salary.

There's no way the CUbs are dealing Arrieta. They already traded 2 starters away and they have nothing else. They're looking to build their pitching up and Arrieta(young and cost controlled) will be a big part of their future

I'm still thinking Lee is probably their best shot...maybe James Shields since the Royals are free-falling out of the race.