• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How color blind are you...

Do you coordinate by shade/tint?

I guess that would be the answer. I still see the entire color spectrum and differentiate color. So if I am going to wear khaki's I'd go with an earth tone spectrum. Or a blue suit I could work with all the blue palette. I couldn't neccessarily differentiate every shade (my girlfriend and I even had a mini debate about a tshirt color this morning), but I could always tell the color group or what it went well or complimented. It originally put me in a box because I'd always wear certain color mixes or patterns, but kind of expanded from there......like taking something like gray and going with known different shades with color combos.

I think the only time someone brought up something was mixing blues and purples as a kid, which someone like my mom would bring up, but it wasn't way out of line.

You kind of learn how to work with being colorblind with things like learning actual colors or saying two colors instead of one to describe something.......no one will think you're colorblind if you can perfectly label perriwinkle or fuschia, or use those colors when describing something like "sky blue/perriwinkle-ish".

Luckily, I'm also simple and a tshirt and jeans kind of guy. If I was flashy in the 80's with the pastels or flamboyant in the 80's with some of the things going on during the decade things could have gotten ugly, but I was never one of the dudes you hear stories about where others found out about someone being colorbliind because they wore a pink shirt with brown pants. Actually, I can't even understand that kind of colorblindness.....although the shirt incedent this morning makes me wonder.

Maybe I'm not making sense because this test really explains my colorblindness well with shades and tints. I thought I did ok outside of getting a headache and rushing the last one just to finish, but 110 compared to the numbers people are putting up is pretty inadequate.

I guess that would be the answer. I still see the entire color spectrum and differentiate color. So if I am going to wear khaki's I'd go with an earth tone spectrum. Or a blue suit I could work with all the blue palette. I couldn't neccessarily differentiate every shade (my girlfriend and I even had a mini debate about a tshirt color this morning), but I could always tell the color group or what it went well or complimented. It originally put me in a box because I'd always wear certain color mixes or patterns, but kind of expanded from there......like taking something like gray and going with known different shades with color combos.

I think the only time someone brought up something was mixing blues and purples as a kid, which someone like my mom would bring up, but it wasn't way out of line.

You kind of learn how to work with being colorblind with things like learning actual colors or saying two colors instead of one to describe something.......no one will think you're colorblind if you can perfectly label perriwinkle or fuschia, or use those colors when describing something like "sky blue/perriwinkle-ish".

Luckily, I'm also simple and a tshirt and jeans kind of guy. If I was flashy in the 80's with the pastels or flamboyant in the 80's with some of the things going on during the decade things could have gotten ugly, but I was never one of the dudes you hear stories about where others found out about someone being colorbliind because they wore a pink shirt with brown pants. Actually, I can't even understand that kind of colorblindness.....although the shirt incedent this morning makes me wonder.

Maybe I'm not making sense because this test really explains my colorblindness well with shades and tints. I thought I did ok outside of getting a headache and rushing the last one just to finish, but 110 compared to the numbers people are putting up is pretty inadequate.

That was a great explanation, actually, thank you.

Sadly, I've been curious enough to look through some items online on skin contrasts and matching as it pertains to contrasting with clothing styles. For anyone with enough time and curiosity, here are some basic tools that might be helpful:

http://effortlessgent.com/back-to-basics-what-color-looks-best-with-your-skin-type/

http://www.themitchelli.com/2013/07/the-importance-of-contrast/

And yes, I am ridiculous enough to put men's style info on this site.

I think both of those links are fair and kind of what I got into or would do as an add on before men were considered fashionable. I think you can mix up the color palette more in the first link, but don't find it way off.

Agreed, but it works for a base to build off of when one has no idea

I have a feeling the quality of your computer monitor (or tablet, smartphone) greatly affects the results...I got a 7 with a monitor calibrated for photography and graphic design purposes.  The same colors look pretty crappy on lesser quality monitors. 

I have a feeling the quality of your computer monitor (or tablet, smartphone) greatly affects the results...I got a 7 with a monitor calibrated for photography and graphic design purposes.  The same colors look pretty crappy on lesser quality monitors. 

Yeah this 6 yr old laptop doesn't have great color anymore. I scored 35 but I'm betting if I had used the work laptop it might have been 32 or even 31.

One thing I've noticed is that I can go along thinking something is, let's say light gray. My wife will then say, oh, I like that green shirt...and suddenly I can see, or at least my brain starts to perceive, that it is a very light shade of green. That happens with browns/olives a lot as well. I'll think something is tan and someone mentions is a light olive and suddenly it looks light olive to me.

I get some of the stare aspect as well. The colorblind joke Ordos posted above, I can't initially see it, but looking at it for a bit I'm able to see the message.

Using the shirt example from yesterday, I've had this shirt for a while and it's one of those colorblind mind wrecks. To me, it's always been a bit darker than egg shell white with yellow/green hues........like a light greenish-yellow shirt. However, my girlfriend says it's blue and that kind of discrepancy is wtf worthy as blue looks nothing like close to this shirt. But I get what she is saying as in the dark or early morning where there isn't much light I see where she sees the blue hues, but in the light it's kind of a baby puke. I just looked at the shirt again and now focus on the blue and see the shirt as almost a sea foam green, but not as blue dominant.

This was a good example of being colorblind where I see something that is generally correct, but someone that isn't sees something different, but they also agree with my assessment.

Exactly. I scored a 16 on my laptop and a zero at home on the monitor I use for photoshop and after effects. Good to know because color is what I do for a living.