• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols since April 27

Albert was hitting .299/.358/.639 on April 26. Since then he's hit .235/.287/.385 with only 8 HR in 258 PA.

How about Albert over the last two years (2013-14)? .256/.320/.447 in 807 PA.

Time to stick a fork in him?

As a side question, what will the Angels do if he continues to be a mediocrity? After this year he's still got 7

more years on contract. Remember when we were counting down the Vernon Wells contract ($16.8MM of which is being paid this year)? This is twice as bad.

Worst free agent signing in professional sports history?

What conceals the entire situation about Albert Pujols is that the Angels are winning games. We all know that Albert should not be hitting 3rd in the lineup but could you imagine what his numbers would look like if he were hitting behind anyone other than Mike Trout.

Albert has gone from being a career offensive juggernaut to a swing for the fences type hitter. The minor success that he has had this season is because of Mike Trout.

We have also had some very solid starting pitching which puts less pressure on Albert to produce like he's being paid to produce. For the most part he's toast. I posted last season that Albert would probably end up being a .260-.270 hitter with an .800 ops but I gave him too much credit.

We are winning because Mike Trout is carrying the team on his back but unfortunately he's also carrying Albert Pujols.

7 more years of watching Albert take a roster spot from someone who will hustle to first base. 7 more years of nauseous reminders about his past numbers. 7 more years of minor surgical procedures that will make him 100% healthy yet again.

Where? It isn't on the first page.

Also, must all talk about Pujols be consigned to a single thread?

I personally don't have issues with multiple threads because it's easy for me to avoid them but considering they all basically say the same thing, what's the harm?  

Some are about how he just sucks.  Some about how he sucks with RISP.  Others are about his sucking because of the shift, there has been at least one other thread that (could have been lumped into one of the other threads), discussing his numbers since his hot start.  I guess its possible some people like to see their feelings validated by there being multiple threads but I'm sure there are others who have resigned themselves to what AP is now and don't need the constant reminder that we are stuck with him.  All the different threads essentially saying the same thing is like being stuck in a heatwave while sitting next to someone that can't stop talking about the heat.  

Had this thread been posted by anyone but you I wouldn't have even clicked on the link.  Please, don't take offense, that's not a slam so much as it's my acknowledging your tendency to look at numbers and trying to find insights.  I was curious if you hand maybe found some wrinkle in his suckage.

As far as your initial question goes.   I think the Angels are stuck in a holding pattern.  They have to be hoping he settles into the sort of player who goes hot and cold and that early April burst wasn't just the last hurrah of a formerly great player.  I think they could live with him even at his salary if he settles in as a 120 OPS player (currently 116).  He would be grossly overpaid but he'd carry some semblance of respectability numbers wise and at the end of the day he would be a future sure HOFer on the roster.  But if this is what he is and he can't improve on it, they really have to hope he meant it when he said he would walk away if he felt he couldn't be himself anymore.

What conceals the entire situation about Albert Pujols is that the Angels are winning games. We all know that Albert should not be hitting 3rd in the lineup but could you imagine what his numbers would look like if he were hitting behind anyone other than Mike Trout.

Albert has gone from being a career offensive juggernaut to a swing for the fences type hitter. The minor success that he has had this season is because of Mike Trout.

We have also had some very solid starting pitching which puts less pressure on Albert to produce like he's being paid to produce. For the most part he's toast. I posted last season that Albert would probably end up being a .260-.270 hitter with an .800 ops but I gave him too much credit.

We are winning because Mike Trout is carrying the team on his back but unfortunately he's also carrying Albert Pujols.

7 more years of watching Albert take a roster spot from someone who will hustle to first base. 7 more years of nauseous reminders about his past numbers. 7 more years of minor surgical procedures that will make him 100% healthy yet again.

Yep, 7 more years of daily threads reminding us of this.

Good thread AJ. Shows you just how horrible AP has been for the majority of the year.

The guy is turning into a huge liability. As said above, it isn't a big deal because we are winning. But when/if we start losing, you can bet it will become a problem.

He will need to be moved down in the border sooner rather than later. Hopefully he eventually comes to grips with reality and walks away from the contract (/not really gonna happen)

Albert Pujols will go down in history as a St Louis Cardinal. I think he knew what he was doing when he signed with the Angels. He left St Louis at the top of his game and multiple championships. He knew his game was declining. He sacrificed himself for the good of the Cardinals.

The money just made it easier.

I don't know if I really believe this but it has crossed my mind.

Albert Pujols will go down in history as a St Louis Cardinal. I think he knew what he was doing when he signed with the Angels. He left St Louis at the top of his game and multiple championships. He knew his game was declining. He sacrificed himself for the good of the Cardinals.

The money just made it easier.

I don't know if I really believe this but it has crossed my mind.

So he ****s over the Angels? Quite a moral, Christian thing to do.