• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember when Tim Mead said...

RePLAY

Stubborn Scioscia the Moron strikes again!!!!

Where are Smith AND Morin?

I repeat SSTM: your closer DOES NOT have to throw 97!!!!

You even hit against the greatest changeup closer EVER, Trevor Hoffman!

What a bozo!!!!

Yeah, putting Frieri on the mound in that instance, as well as starting Bedrosian for the inning in such a  high leverage situation that he had not earned was a huge blunder. Trevor Hoffman was a superb reliever, and for a hell of a long time. However, back when Sosh hit against him Hoffman actually had a decent fastball that  would hit 94 with good movement. Of course, that made the changeup even more lethal - and it was. I used to think it was pretty cool that he used to leave the bullpen to "Hells Bells".

Edited by EDinTUSTIN

Neither have any of our closers since Percy.

Walden, plus Frieri has touched 97 although normally touching 95-96, and of course going to Jepsen last night

I am talking more since 2010, where the closers have all thrown heat but also had a crummy secondary pitch.

Morin can dial it up to 93, plenty given how his changeup is so devestating.

Did Rivera ever dial it up past 93-94?

Now that Morin has thrown about 25 MLB innings, and has been really good (stats and control), name one thing that should LOGICALLY hold him back from ever closing at this point?

Edited by Angel Oracle