• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gunfire at Oregon High School

Arguing about gun laws on a message board is like trying to convince Scioscia that he gave DaVanon, Alfonzo, Finley, Wells, Hillenbrand, and Ibanez way too many AB's.

Completely pointless, but people will continue to try really really really hard.  

Yeah... that was a pretty bad analogy since we all pretty much agree Scioscia gave all those guys too many at bats. No if you were to go with the Napoli vs Mathis argument you may get somewhere. Not far, but somewhere.

I still don't understand WHY people need guns.  Why do we need automatic weapons?  The only reason people have is because the constitution says so.  That's not a good enough reason.  Hunting?  Ok, but how many gun owners actually use their guns to hunt and feed their family?

Then you have these guys who decided to go eat at Chipotle and take some rifles with them...

ChipotleGuns.jpg?1400610224

Or this guy who is enjoying a nice cup of Starbucks with his Shotgun...

BRO09mCCMAAO_57.jpg

Welcome to Jack in the Box, may I take your order?

HT_jack_in_box_ml_140506_16x9_992.jpg

More guys enjoying coffee with their guns...

529435_592249034171792_228146265_n.jpg

Buying something at JC Penny...

gun-nut-jc-penney-utah.jpg

Here is a guy at the Target food court.  Just needed to stop and get a snack apparently...

open+carry1313499177.jpg

This can be expected at Wal-Mart...

BN-DC705_OCT4_G_20140605162401.jpg

I still don't understand WHY people need guns.  Why do we need automatic weapons?  The only reason people have is because the constitution says so.  That's not a good enough reason.  Hunting?  Ok, but how many gun owners actually use their guns to hunt and feed their family?

Then you have these guys who decided to go eat at Chipotle and take some rifles with them...

ChipotleGuns.jpg?1400610224

Or this guy who is enjoying a nice cup of Starbucks with his Shotgun...

BRO09mCCMAAO_57.jpg

Welcome to Jack in the Box, may I take your order?

HT_jack_in_box_ml_140506_16x9_992.jpg

More guys enjoying coffee with their guns...

529435_592249034171792_228146265_n.jpg

Buying something at JC Penny...

gun-nut-jc-penney-utah.jpg

Here is a guy at the Target food court.  Just needed to stop and get a snack apparently...

open+carry1313499177.jpg

This can be expected at Wal-Mart...

BN-DC705_OCT4_G_20140605162401.jpg

Edited by TobiasFunke

No amount of parenting can fix kids who are f'd up in the head.  100% of it has to do with easy access to guns for people who are unfit to be in possession of one.

access is one issue, but it's not the only issue. while i agree that more guns in circulation is part of the problem, a greater issue is kids thinking that violence is their only option in resolving conflict. i'm gonna say what many here will hate, but there is a direct correlation between all these violent games kids play for hours on end and how they see options in how to deal with difficult situations in real life. cite whatever you sources you want, but by beholding we become changed.

i'm gonna say what many here will hate, but there is a direct correlation between all these violent games kids play for hours on end and how they see options in how to deal with difficult situations in real life. cite whatever you sources you want, but by beholding we become changed.

I like how you challenge us to cite sources yet you cite zero sources in your ridiculous statement.

There have been tons of studies that found no connection between violent video games and violence.  They found that the people that perpetrate these are already f'd up in the head.

I am all about responsibility of parents, I think many are incredibly irresponsible.

My favorite is that the gun owners aren't for responsibility for gun owners and merchants.

For example, if your gun is used in a violent crime you should be charged with the same thing the actual perp is.  After all you weren't responsible enough to secure your guns.

It is weird to me that anti-gun folks dismiss continually any other reasons other than guns for the reason for all of the killing.  There still has to be a reason that people are loading, picking the gun up, pointing them and pulling the trigger.  Do we want to never figure out why that is?

It is weird to me that anti-gun folks dismiss continually any other reasons other than guns for the reason for all of the killing.  There still has to be a reason that people are loading, picking the gun up, pointing them and pulling the trigger.  Do we want to never figure out why that is?

Mental illness.  You tell me the magical way to get rid of it and I will be fine with gun people keeping all their guns.

You aren't really listening.  It isn't just mental illness unless anyone that kills anyone else is mentally ill.

I'm fine with being much more cautious regarding how guns are sold and owned.  I'm fine with significant training on the use of guns as requirements. 

I just think we aren't concentrating on the root causes. 

Training doesn't have anything to do with it.  Of all the gun deaths, very few are because someone uses it wrong.

Most gun owners want all the guns and none of the responsibility.

The root cause is that there are tons of guns and tons of people willing to use them to kill innocent people.

In other countries there are the people willing to do it but not the guns to do it.

Our politicians just come up with limp dick gun control measures and don't attack the actual problem which is the number of guns already in existence.