• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gunfire at Oregon High School

Your last sentence is irrelevant.  There are millions more guns now than there were 30-50-100 years ago.  All because the US is still in the stone age when it comes to gun laws.

Ease of access didn't create the problem we are in now, nor has restrictions lessened. It all comes back to Adam's comment about parenting. After all of the politicians leave the stage maybe we should focus on how parents are not living up to their societal responsibilities in their child raising and ease up on the schools about what they consider reasonable and prudent measures for disciplinary action.

Ease of access didn't create the problem we are in now, nor has restrictions lessened. It all comes back to Adam's comment about parenting. After all of the politicians leave the stage maybe we should focus on how parents are not living up to their societal responsibilities in their child raising and ease up on the schools about what they consider reasonable and prudent measures for disciplinary action.

Are you seriously saying that bad parenting is the reason that so many mass shootings are occurring?  Not ease of access to guns?

I'd say 99% of it is kids who are f'ed up in the head, 1% of it is ease of access to guns.

No amount of parenting can fix kids who are f'd up in the head.  100% of it has to do with easy access to guns for people who are unfit to be in possession of one.

Sorry man I'm not inclined to give up my rights because a few f'ed up kids get their hands on a gun. In fact I'm even less inclined to do so because of that.

If you want to give up your rights go ahead.

Exactly the reason I drive 125 mph during rush hour on the 405.

Are you seriously saying that bad parenting is the reason that so many mass shootings are occurring?  Not ease of access to guns?

Maybe you are not understanding that access to guns is more difficult these days than ever in the history of guns.

Yes, Nate, the perpetrators of most of these crimes are teenagers and young adults that never were properly parented. I am putting the blame back on the origination of the problem.

Maybe you are not understanding that access to guns is more difficult these days than ever in the history of guns.

Yes, Nate, the perpetrators of most of these crimes are teenagers and young adults that never were properly parented. I am putting the blame back on the origination of the problem.

Maybe you aren't understanding.  Access to guns is easier now than it ever has been.  Only certain guns have been banned and that didn't stop the mass sale of them.  There are millions of guns in America, just because it is harder to walk into a gun shop now and buy a gun doesn't mean it is hard to walk to Jay's house and grab his AR15 when he isn't around.

If you actually read the article I posted you would note that more guns per capita leads to more gun deaths.  it is that simple.

Maybe you aren't understanding.  Access to guns is easier now than it ever has been.  Only certain guns have been banned and that didn't stop the mass sale of them.  There are millions of guns in America, just because it is harder to walk into a gun shop now and buy a gun doesn't mean it is hard to walk to Jay's house and grab his AR15 when he isn't around.

If you actually read the article I posted you would note that more guns per capita leads to more gun deaths.  it is that simple.

Nate, when I was 18 I could buy a gun without registering it. I didn't even need to provide identification, didn't need to wait, just plop down the cash and walk out with the gun plus ammunition. There were millions of guns in private possession before you became an anti gun advocate and people had them stolen long before this rash of behavior began.

I will ask again, what changed, Nate? It is not access or proliferation.

This debate is always pointless.  Could this country be much smarter regarding gun ownership and responsibilty?  Of course.  Could this country be much smarter regarding how people are able to purchase guns?  Absolutely. 

That doesn't change the fact that any kind of gun laws or protections are still just a band-aid to why young people especially are wanting to kill each other.  Don't get me wrong, band-aids can be a good part of the healing process but it is still important to get to the root cause.

Nate, when I was 18 I could buy a gun without registering it. I didn't even need to provide identification, didn't need to wait, just plop down the cash and walk out with the gun plus ammunition. There were millions of guns in private possession before you became an anti gun advocate and people had them stolen long before this rash of behavior began.

I will ask again, what changed, Nate? It is not access or proliferation.

Yeah but back in the early 1800s you were stuck with primitive firearms.

In all seriousness, just because it is harder to buy a gun doesn't mean there aren't more now.  The US still sells more guns to more people than any other country in the world.

as a high school teacher, i just can't imagine what that would be like.  

i don't get emotional often, but my heart goes out to the school and community, and most of all the family of the murdered kid.  

I am with you on this.  I have had too many of these tragedies hit close to home since I moved here in 1999.  It scares me to send my little girl off to school.  The anxiety it creates can be paralyzing at times.