• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

STANLEY CUP FINAL - LA Kings vs. NY Rangers

disarcina

Don't think the Kings played their best game but good enough to win and that's what counts.

out shot the Rangers but were something like 0 for 8 on the power play.

that final minute in regulation was wild -- I think the final two minutes/ minute of close NHL game (particularly a playoff game) is about the best thing in sports.....always a frenzy,

and like a prior post -- I still can't believe the puck didn't go into the net (several times) for one of the teams -- multiple scoring chances.

Kings up 1-0 -- let's win Saturday and take this thing back to New York up 2 to 0.......Kings in Five.

Don't think the Kings played their best game but good enough to win and that's what counts.

out shot the Rangers but were something like 0 for 8 on the power play.

that final minute in regulation was wild -- I think the final two minutes/ minute of close NHL game (particularly a playoff game) is about the best thing in sports.....always a frenzy,

and like a prior post -- I still can't believe the puck didn't go into the net (several times) for one of the teams -- multiple scoring chances.

Kings up 1-0 -- let's win Saturday and take this thing back to New York up 2 to 0.......Kings in Five.

0-4

Rangers PK was legit. Pretty unique because they were playing a box and leaving a forward in front of the net and not clearing him out. Gotta have a lot of faith in your goalie to play a box and leave him screened.

Question: Is Sutter as big of a dick as he seems? Don't know much about him, but he seems like a good coach.

Hated him and all his A-hole brothers when they played

sutter seems to hate giving interviews. he also has no tolerance for stupid or repetitive questions. he's always struck me as one of those guys who doesn't suffer fools lightly.

we really like him out here because he stands by his players but he's a no nonsense kind of guy.

it was a weird game. the Kings looked horrible in the first period. the defense looked like the keystone cops, and the number of give-aways and outnumbered attacks had the potential to make this a very short series in favor of new york. they hung in there and battled back, but they just looked sloppy in front of quick most of the game.

the atmosphere inside the building was just plain odd. this game felt like it was being played in the middle of october. there was nothing about tonight that made this feel like a playoff game, let alone a finals game.

kyle clifford, heh, good game, buddy.

Kings played a very ugly game and still won. Rangers scored twice and both were pretty much gifts. An own goal by Voynov (dude always manages to do that for some reason) after a nice save by Quickie and a give away by Doughty with his D partner falling down (Muzzin I think it was) while turning around after the give away. But the Kings hung in there and somehow managed to win. Williams is a beauty. Looking forward to seeing a much cleaner game by the Kings on Saturday.

Edited by Puckfiend

MUCH better job of keeping the puck after the first period (only TWO giveaways after the first 25 minutes?)

And not coincidentally, a shutout after the first period

Take care of the puck, and this series will belong to the Kings.

Although the Rangers speed and physicality combination did surprise me, which still makes this series potentially very intriguing.

Kings really got outplayed in the first period. After that it was all Kings imo. A few small NYR runs but overall I think the Kings felt they had the game in hand. It seriously amazes me that they score when the opponent fails to clear the zone every single damn time. They capitalize on mistakes. Gotta tip your cap.

Turnovers are nothing new for the Kings in the playoffs. It has been the one part of their game that is an issue. It will most likely continue to be an issue and they just need to keep on doing what they are doing. They don't get down when it happens and just keep plugging away.

Sutter is the king of making adjustments. I feel like the first period surprised the Kings. The Rangers were very aggressive and quick. The adjustment was made with about eight minutes left in the first and you could see the momentum slowly flip to the Kings.

Kings really got outplayed in the first period. After that it was all Kings imo. A few small NYR runs but overall I think the Kings felt they had the game in hand. It seriously amazes me that they score when the opponent fails to clear the zone every single damn time. They capitalize on mistakes. Gotta tip your cap.

Agree. Took a period to adjust to ny. You can't really mimic their speed in practice. When you go from such a emotional series that went 7 games against chi youd think theyd need a minute to adjust. crazy how lunquist (sp?) Is a statue between the pipes.

I still think this is gonna be a long series

Edited by nando714

Henrik is the only reason that game went to OT. That 3rd period 13-3 SOG difference was insane. Not to mention the final save of regulation. It'll be interesting to see if NYR keeps throwing the weird angle shots at Quick. Seemed to be their plan of attack last night.

The Kings have supreme confidence in their game right now.  Doughty knows he can take those silly chances at the blue-line, because Quickie will make most of the saves.  If he doesn't, the Kings know they can come back anyway.

It's a strange game to watch, but you can see the Kings sitting-back and biding their time..

I'd prefer them getting a lead before dangling inside the blue-line, but it does make for exciting hockey.

I must have watched different game. I thought the Kings first was solid. The key being how they came out banging bodies and dictating the pace....it's just a haymaker to come out like that.

They controlled play, NY settled in, and then LA adjusted like James mentioned.

Both goals against were break aways and mistakes like that are easily fixed. They looked a lot better than the Rangers in the first, they actually adjusted to the Kings style and started banging bodies in the 2nd. 

The Kings play a possession game. Being ahead in hits by over a 2-1  ratio in the first period means they were chasing the puck way too much.  They went from expecting the speed to come from the center position and had to adjust to the wings. They were gradually able to adjust, outside of the power play, to be able to keep the puck at a more normal level.

The Kings play a possession game. Being ahead in hits by over a 2-1  ratio in the first period means they were chasing the puck way too much.  They went from expecting the speed to come from the center position and had to adjust to the wings. They were gradually able to adjust, outside of the power play, to be able to keep the puck at a more normal level.

I thought it was more dump and chase. I don't think the Rangers were even in the attacking zone the first 5 minutes. Kings kept it in the zone and dumped it down and out worked NY to set up chances in front of the net.....I think they even almost scored within 2 minutes.

Hagelin has won the fastest skater competition at the All Star game. 

He is not a good finisher though. Misses on too many scoring chances. Getting better, but still not there.  

LGR

Edited by NJHalo