• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

STANLEY CUP FINAL - LA Kings vs. NY Rangers

disarcina

LA Live does suck. Bottlerock at Fig and 9th is pretty cool. Hanks on Grand and 9th is a cool dive bar to grab a drink or two for cheap.

Four more to the Cup. It would be great to see Quick pick up his game a bit here. Kings in Seven, why not? GKG

sorry to hear of his loss.

that being said, i won't miss hearing him say things like "doughty ladle's it along" or "kopitar knifes it ahead". his overuse of adjectives and modifiers is nails on a chalkboard to me.

i imagine engish cops' head would explode listening to a broadcast.

Prayers go out to Doc on the loss in his family.

I will look forward to hearing him call game 2 on Saturday.

He does love adjectives. But I like his weaving stories within the game. He's got many years of experience to draw from. Of course for hockey, Bob Miller is the guy as he completes his 40th season as the Kings announcer.

I never had an issue with drunks around L.A. Live, although most of the time I was either inside Staples or the Yardhouse.

Although one day I will try The Pantry just north of there. Hear so many good reviews of it.

Edited by Angel Oracle

AO, last august i took the wife and kid to the one direction concert at staples and dropped them off. i headed to the pantry for dinner because like you, i had heard for YEARS just how good it was.

gotta say i was less than thrilled by it. i ordered breakfast for dinner, figuring hash browns and scrambled eggs are good any time. i kept waiting for them to become as epic as i've always heard they are, but i walked away from that place thinking "meh, what's the big deal?"

i think i've got it out of my system. no plans to go back. if/when you go, leave your credit card at home because they are a cash only business.

My friend was offered a free ticket to the game tonight in the bowl and his wife won't let him since they have tickets to see the ****ing Bee Gees at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. LOL. Poor bastard.

brutal

My friend was offered a free ticket to the game tonight in the bowl and his wife won't let him since they have tickets to see the ****ing Bee Gees at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. LOL. Poor bastard.

Grounds for divorce.

FREE ticket!  Bee Gees?  Let us know if he comes to his senses..

Man-o-Man!  The excitement is building!

I expect the Kings to handle the Rangers; they respect all their opponents and don't look past the next game.  I think one of these all-star Goalies is gonna steal the series.

If we can keep Brownie on his scoring-streak, it would be another huge weapon!  He was a monster during the last run.

I got tickets for game 2 and game 5 *probably necessary

Anyone know any good lunch spots in DTLA. I've been to LA live so many times and ate there.

Anyone try Langers Deli. I hear it talked about all the time. But is it good? Any good bars in the area besides LA Live? I plan on leaving the OC area around 11ish Saturday.

As for tonight. GKG! Weird having a home game to start the series just doesn't seem right

CM Punk. Nice Vid!

Edited by nando714

Isn't it really just the Bee Gee at this point? 

Just let her know that she can take a girl friend to the concert.   

What woman doesn't need girl time with a girl friend?  

And what woman would deny a man a free ticket to the SCF?   Heck, even my ex might have given in to me for that.

I've never been to Langers, although I know that they are one of the Lakers' sponsors.

My pinnacle for corned beef is of course Canters on Fairfax.   Great corned beef in a seemingly endless supply 

Edited by Angel Oracle

I got tickets for game 2 and game 5 *probably necessary

Anyone know any good lunch spots in DTLA. I've been to LA live so many times and ate there.

Anyone try Langers Deli. I hear it talked about all the time. But is it good? Any good bars in the area besides LA Live? I plan on leaving the OC area around 11ish Saturday.

As for tonight. GKG! Weird having a home game to start the series just doesn't seem right

CM Punk. Nice Vid!

Go to Phillipes for a French dip. If you like craft beer, Beer Belly isn't too far away. A bit closer you have Caseys and The Black Sheep. Quite a bit of options really.