• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has Scioscia even mentioned Ibanez

NrM

I haven't seen Scioscia talk about his struggles at all.

Are the reporters afraid to ask him why he keeps batting Ibanez 4th?

This should be the number 1 topic. No one has a clue what the **** he's thinking.

Edited by Poozy

We asked about him today. And Mike DG had a story in today's paper.

Scioscia said Ibañez is coming around. Also he thinks on do he's moved down in lineup it will help him.

That's what he said. Don't ask me.

yikes

Edited by Poozy

Scioscia said Ibañez is coming around. Also he thinks on do he's moved down in lineup it will help him.

Oh good lord, there is literally no rational reason to believe this is true. Ugh.

Can't see to see which younger, better player gets to toil away in Salt Lake instead though!

Like Mathis and Abreu before him, the only way to stop Scioscia from using Ibanez extensively is to get him off the roster. Hopefully this will happen once Hamilton returns and it seems apparent that he is Ok for a while.

Until he decides to dive head first into a base and breaks an arm or tears another ligament.

Now that's funny...and sad

His BA hasn't been over .160 since April 29th

Now that's funny...and sad

His BA hasn't been over .160 since April 29th

It's funny that Scioscia can say things that are categorically false and have nobody call him on it. Imagine trying that in NY or Boston.

It's funny that Scioscia can say things that are categorically false and have nobody call him on it. Imagine trying that in NY or Boston.

He gave a bunch of reasons why he thought he was coming around, from watching his swing etc.

What are we supposed to do?

"Your opinion is wrong!"

We report what Scioscia says. We report was Ibañez said. We report what the numbers say.

Now if you're saying a columnist should come out and write "Ibañez stinks and the Angels should release him" then ok. They are free to write that. It's not for the beat writers.

He gave a bunch of reasons why he thought he was coming around, from watching his swing etc.

What are we supposed to do?

"Your opinion is wrong!"

We report what Scioscia says. We report was Ibañez said. We report what the numbers say.

Now if you're saying a columnist should come out and write "Ibañez stinks and the Angels should release him" then ok. They are free to write that. It's not for the beat writers.

I appreciate this perspective. Sometimes it's easy for us as fans to lose sight of this.

Also, I don't think it's Scioscia. I think it's Dipoto.

It's both IMO. It's Dipoto's fault he's on the roster, but it's Scioscia's fault that he's playing over more talented players. I think we can all agree Scioscia and Dipoto need to both move on from this guy as a player. If they want to keep him in the dugout as a "veteran presence", fine. But Scioscia so far can't be trusted not to play the guy

Are you sure he's talking about Ibanez not Iannetta?

May

Ibanez - .143/.317/.224

Iannetta - .286/.386/.510