• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Difference between Angels and A's

Pomeranz. They pretty much have 4 starters who are pitching like aces. I doubt that level of performance is sustainable but it's irritating nonetheless. 

pomeranz was a first round top ten selection, from what i remember, then was traded by baltimore to colorado where no pitcher has ever had success. the A's made a very shrewd move in acquiring him. basically, every team should look to acquire any rockies pitcher that has shown good stuff, because their value is going to be way lower than what your returns may be. the exact opposite holds true logically for rockie hitters.

Edited by ukyah

Kazmir turning into an ace is also very irritating.

I don't think so. That was actually pretty easy to predict if you watched him in Cleveland last year. He was throwing 93-95 with a sharp curveball and nice changeup pitch (also had a K/9 rate of above 9). The signs were there that he was going to have an unbelievable year under Curt Young. Chavez and Pomeranz are much, much more surprising/frustrating for me. Gray is no fluke or surprise though. That guy is an f'n stud. Parker and Griffin are also studs who are out for the season. They're likely going to be even better next year...Think about that

Edited by Butcher'd

one difference: motivation-the desire to play harder, hustle, improve..so they too can come to the Angels, Yankees, Doggies, Red Sux for big bucks

short of Trout and some of the kids, the Angels are mostly a bunch of seriously wealthy guys in the twilight of their careers (incl the manager)

what is their motivation?  if they strike out with the bases full, the 6-7 figure monthly check still arrives on time...for many many months

of course they are professionals, but with more money than they can spend what is realistically left to achieve?