• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Difference between Angels and A's

Summing up the thoughts of Mark Langston during last night's postgame show.

The A's have pitchers who throw strikes, keep the ball down, and work fast. The hitters also take advantage of scoring opportunities.

The Angels don't.

Edited by fan_since79

They're a better team, and that's without arguably their best two pitchers (Parker and Griffin). 

But if you told me before the season that the Angels would get to play the wild card game at home I would have been very happy. We're still on the right track to have a chance at October.

They're inspired to play well so that when they approach their FA years they can get out of that sh*thole

What I find more annoying are cases where expensive free agents for other teams failed miserably only to go to Oakland for cheap and turn into all stars. See Colon, Bartolo and Kazmir, Scott...

The A's organizational philosophy has been led by Billy Beane. The Angels' organizational philosophy has been led by Mike Scioscia. They both have zero championships over the last 11 seasons. I don't have the exact figure, but the Angels have spent about $600,000,000 more on payroll during that period.

The A's organizational philosophy has been led by Billy Beane. The Angels' organizational philosophy has been led by Mike Scioscia. They both have zero championships over the last 11 seasons. I don't have the exact figure, but the Angels have spent about $600,000,000 more on payroll during that period.

How about over the last 12 seasons?

The A's have legit players but they also get those players who come in and play way over their heads for a month so that the team never slows down. Everyone thought the injuries to Parker and Griffin would impact them and then come two mediocre journeyman relievers to pitch like Cy Young candidates.