• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Florida's Finest

This latest, from my home town of Jacksonville. Five women were arrested in a prostitution sting operation by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. One offered to perform oral sex in exchange for two soft tacos from Taco Bell (about $2.14). After looking at the photos in the article, that may have been a bit pricey.

Police: Woman arrested in prostitution sting offered sex act for Taco Bell

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This latest, from my home town of Jacksonville. Five women were arrested in a prostitution sting operation by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. One offered to perform oral sex in exchange for two soft tacos from Taco Bell (about $2.14). After looking at the photos in the article, that may have been a bit pricey.

Police: Woman arrested in prostitution sting offered sex act for Taco Bell

yes.  that seems like the type of prostitution that stings.  

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Leaving Orlando now.

seriously thinking of relocation 

Orlando used to be a fuel stop on the way to Miami before Disney went in. Most of the rest is an outgrowth of the presence of Walt Disney World. I remember passing through Orlando in the late 1960s, and there was almost nothing there.

8 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Orlando used to be a fuel stop on the way to Miami before Disney went in. Most of the rest is an outgrowth of the presence of Walt Disney World. I remember passing through Orlando in the late 1960s, and there was almost nothing there.

If the SJW's didn't block Disney's ski resort.  There may never have been a Walt Disney World.  And I think the world would have been better for it.

Disney also came close to building a ski resort in the Lake Tahoe area:

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2005/06/09/624.aspx

http://tahoetopia.com/news/ski-area-didn-t-happen-1-independence-lake

And also he was a major factor in the development of the Sugar Bowl Ski resort. (One of my favorites)

http://www.waltdisney.org/blog/new-heights-mount-disney-and-sugar-bowl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This time, politicians.

Florida city to rename streets honoring Confederate generals

City commissioners in Florida have agreed to begin the process of changing the names of streets named after Confederate generals in the heart of an African-American neighborhood.

During a contentious three-hour meeting Monday night, the Hollywood City Commission voted 5-2 to begin renaming Lee Street, named after Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee; Hood Street, named after Gen. John Bell Hood, and Forrest Street, named after Confederate general and Ku Klux Klan member Nathan Bedford Forrest.

An aside: Jacksonville had a high school named after Forrest (my brother-in-law graduated from there). It is now Westside High School.