• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Santiago optioned to Triple A

Makes sense. Dude needs to get some starts and work on throwing strikes at a better clip

Agreed. He needs to continue to work as a starter in case we have an injury to our starting 5. 

IMO, and I love Santiago, he's the 6th best starting pitcher right now. That can change with more innings and work on his command.

i'm ok with this move. santiago has some things to develop, just like richards did. santiago lost me, for the moment, when he said he wanted to start again. it reminded me of a teenager that was 2 days into a week long grounding, not nearly enough time had passed for anything to have realistically changed.

Sucks this had to happen. The guy could be a quality major league starter, but needs to get more consistent with his control. Hopefully, he can work that out over the course of a few starts and take back the fifth spot in the rotation over the summer. Btw, if Dave Duncan was our pitching coach, Santiago would magically win 20 games next year.

Sucks this had to happen. The guy could be a quality major league starter, but needs to get more consistent with his control. Hopefully, he can work that out over the course of a few starts and take back the fifth spot in the rotation over the summer. Btw, if Dave Duncan was our pitching coach, Santiago would magically win 20 games next year.

Dave Duncan can't keep him from crapping his pants everytime something goes wrong

makes a lot of sense.......Santiago probably should have started the season in the rotation at SLC.

this gives him a chance to pitch every fifth day with less pressure.

when we got Santiago he was really a swing man, long relief/ spot starts-- placing him a rotation spot was problematic but we didn't have anyone else.

makes a lot of sense.......Santiago probably should have started the season in the rotation at SLC.

this gives him a chance to pitch every fifth day with less pressure.

when we got Santiago he was really a swing man, long relief/ spot starts-- placing him a rotation spot was problematic but we didn't have anyone else.

He started 23 games last year with a 3.51 ERA.

He started 23 games last year with a 3.51 ERA.

My first reaction to this thread was that it didn't make any sense to option him back to AAA.

After thinking about it for a minute it made perfect sense to have him in AAA pitching every 5 days.

After reading your post it doesn't make sense again. How did this guy go from a quality SP last year to AAA this year?

Im so confused!

He only started seven games.   Starters have done worse and hung around for much longer, especially when there is nobody in the minors knocking down the door to be a major league starter.  I wonder if it has to do with attitude. He is an interesting guy,... doesn't hide his emotions. Santiago isn't going to suddenly start throwing a ton of strikes.   He could improve, but he's never been a strike thrower.   

I remember when, a couple months ago, I and maybe a couple others were expessing concern about Santiago and pointing out that the stat reports predicted major regression, and the Homer Mob got all down and nasty about it, predicting Santiago would be awesome. So here we are, almost late May, and Santiago is heading to AAA. Go figure.

I expected somewhere in between his 2013 results and his 2014 results.  A viable 5th starter.  Someone that will be called up when Shoemaker struggles.    

... which is why I was disappointed they didn't sign another starter.  Some will become available.  Hopefully, the Angels have enough to get one via trade.  I'd at least continue to dumpster dive, hoping to find something decent.   Angels have no depth in the starting pitching department. 

I remember when, a couple months ago, I and maybe a couple others were expessing concern about Santiago and pointing out that the stat reports predicted major regression, and the Homer Mob got all down and nasty about it, predicting Santiago would be awesome. So here we are, almost late May, and Santiago is heading to AAA. Go figure.

There are also naysayers who said Richards was a bad option for a #5. What's your point?

I'm surprised to hear he started 23 games for the ChiSox last year because he wasn't in the rotation the entire season -- seemed to sub for injured starters and stuff.

his 3.51 ERA is a bit deceiving.....I tracked some of his starts last year and he was pretty inconsistent............I didn't really consider him a reliable rotation guy.

oh well -- maybe he can improve during his time at SLC.......

You sound very pleased with yourself.