• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bedrock, Alvarez & Morin watch!

Chuck

In order of readiness according to me:

Alvarez

Morin

Bedrosian

Interesting that you have Alvarez as the most ready? Why do you think that?

His command does seem a lot better only walking 2 in 9.1 innings pitched.

**apologies for all the questions of late**

Edited by rafibomb

Based on stuff, Alvarez beats Morin any day... I've been super impressed by his control and command and his mechanics which he seems to have ironed out. Morin could probably work a little bit more on his fastball command because he's living off that change up right now. All three should be up by August.

I ask this in all seriousness about Morin and Alvarez: what about the stat lines they're putting up?  I know it's SLC and a hitter's league, but wow...

Morin: 12.00 ERA, 2.33 WHIP

Alvarez: 6.28 ERA, 1.66 WHIP

If it was Kevin Jepsen putting up these numbers in rehab appearances at SLC we'd be all over him.  I understand potential, but those lines look pretty ugly to me.

Edit: OK, I see that Morin only has three innings in SLC so that could explain the stats.  Alvarez apparently has 14.1 innings over three starts.  Sample size, but still not good.

Edited by Glen

I don't recall another time in which a bullpen had 3 legit arms come up all at the same time like this. Those 3, plus Frieri,Smith and Kohn makes for an unparalleled group of relievers. Any one of them you could make an argument for closer,

Atlanta did something similar in 09-10 when they brought up Medlen, Ventner, Kimbrel -- they also saw Eric O'Flaherty emerge during that time although he had made his debut earlier with Seattle.  

Bedrosian picks up the save for the Trav's tonight

1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K - again

RJ Alvarez pitched a scoreless 8th as well with 1 BB

Brandon Sisk also pitched a scoreless inning (1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K)

The Travs announcer said Bedrock hit 99 MPH with one of his fastballs in the 9th inning. 26 K's in 10 2/3 innings. 

R.J. Alvarez has yet to be scored upon. 

Anyone got a scouting report on Danny Reynolds?  I know he got suspended for the second time in 2012 and served a 50 gamer.  Looks like he was converted to the pen this year after being a not so good starter the last two years.  Skipped AA and after some solid numbers in A+, made his debut for the bees tonight going 2.0ip 1h, 1bb, and 3k. 

Seems to have pretty good control so far this year and in the past when he's been in the pen.  Not so much as a starter.  Does he have and out pitch? 

Is this a guy we could see later this year? 

Anyone got a scouting report on Danny Reynolds? I know he got suspended for the second time in 2012 and served a 50 gamer. Looks like he was converted to the pen this year after being a not so good starter the last two years. Skipped AA and after some solid numbers in A+, made his debut for the bees tonight going 2.0ip 1h, 1bb, and 3k.

Seems to have pretty good control so far this year and in the past when he's been in the pen. Not so much as a starter. Does he have and out pitch?

I've watched Danny throw 2-3 times a year for the past 3. Dynamic fastball, effortless delivery. He sits 95 without trying. But I've seen him throw almost nothing but heat, mostly because the boys in A Ball couldn't do a lot with it. If Baseball Prspectus is to be trusted , they say he has a get me over slider that really won't fool anyone.

Unless he develops a good secondary pitch, I'm not sure the success will translate.

Anyone got a scouting report on Danny Reynolds? I know he got suspended for the second time in 2012 and served a 50 gamer. Looks like he was converted to the pen this year after being a not so good starter the last two years. Skipped AA and after some solid numbers in A+, made his debut for the bees tonight going 2.0ip 1h, 1bb, and 3k.

Seems to have pretty good control so far this year and in the past when he's been in the pen. Not so much as a starter. Does he have and out pitch?

I can't remember who, one of Ric Wilson or Eddie Bane on one of our past chats said keep an eye on Reynolds. Big fastball, nice slider.

Anyone got a scouting report on Danny Reynolds?  I know he got suspended for the second time in 2012 and served a 50 gamer.  Looks like he was converted to the pen this year after being a not so good starter the last two years.  Skipped AA and after some solid numbers in A+, made his debut for the bees tonight going 2.0ip 1h, 1bb, and 3k. 

Seems to have pretty good control so far this year and in the past when he's been in the pen.  Not so much as a starter.  Does he have and out pitch? 

From yesterday's BP:

"

Danny Reynolds, RHP, Angels (Inland Empire)

First look: small lanky frame; 6 feet, 170 pounds is accurate; 93-96 T97; easy cheese; the ball explodes on the hitter; looks like he’s playing catch and it’s 94 mph; features plenty of run because of his low ¾ arm slot; doesn’t get much plane; needs to get downhill a little better; tends to land upright and closed, which leads to him missing up and arm side; a little loose in the zone; came out wild but settled after the first out; 87 mph cutter/short slider that has a little horizontal movement, but more of a change-of-pace pitch; not a plus offering, but it works.

2nd look: 93-96; more run at the lower velocities; really bores into right-handed hitters; going to be a bat-breaker; very hard to square; much better command in this look; has better command vs. RHH because it forces him to complete his hip rotation and get the ball to the glove side of the plate; can reach back for more whenever he wants; would like to see a better breaking ball or at least a more conventional one; the 87-88 mph cutter/slider works in High-A, but advanced hitters in higher levels will be able to crush the pitch if he leaves it in the heart of the plate; middle-reliever potential."

Morin is as good as advertised. No scouting report can do that change-up justice. FILTHY.

If Morin is supposed to be the "worst" among the three-headed monster it only makes me more excited to see what Bedrosian and Alvarez can do.

Edited by rafibomb