• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bedrock, Alvarez & Morin watch!

Chuck

Brandon Sisk followed Alvarez pitching one inning allowing no hits with a walk and two strikeouts. Having another good year:

6.0 IP  1 H  0 BB  8 SO  0.5 WHIP

I honestly believe Sisk is ready to be in the Major Leagues as the lefty in the pen.

Edited by rafibomb

I wonder if our current pen was as dominating as these guys have been in the minors.

I know kohn of and jepsen weren't as dominating.

Kohn was a freaking beast through the lower levels.   His career minor league K/9 is 13.2.  They used to say that his ability to strike people out was due to a deceptive delivery and that they weren't sure his game would play at the MLB level, but he's sporting a K/9 over 10 this year 

Edited by Inside Pitch

Kohn was a freaking beast through the lower levels. His career minor league K/9 is 13.2. They used to say that his ability to strike people out was due to a deceptive delivery and that they weren't sure his game would play at the MLB level, but he's sporting a K/9 over 10 this year

seems like it took him forever to finally get regular playing time though

A more correct scouting report on Kohn would've indicated that a huge chunk of his k's in the minors came off his fastball. He elevated it above the letters with two strikes and simply demolished the competition in the minors with that pitch.

Once he reached the majors if became evident that big leaguers simply weren't going to chase that pitch so he needed to find another way to get hitters out. His breaking ball certainly wasn't good enough as a 2-strike pitch and he couldn't locate.

He basically needed to relearn how to pitch in order to succeed. So we saw him alter his arm slot and mechanics which has lead to increased velocity and better command but also less movement.

A more correct scouting report on Kohn would've indicated that a huge chunk of his k's in the minors came off his fastball. He elevated it above the letters with two strikes and simply demolished the competition in the minors with that pitch.

Pretty sure Tom Kotchman was a pretty good source for a scouting report.

Pretty sure Tom Kotchman was a pretty good source for a scouting report.

Kotch is pretty good when it comes to that sort of stuff, and I believe what he says when it comes to players.  I'm also inclined to believe my eyes and what I observed personally, especially when it doesn't contradict what someone like Kotch says.

Predictions on MLB arrival for the new big 3?

Morin - July 2014

Alvarez - September 2014

Bedrosian - June 2015

Sisk? - September 2014, but taking it easy because of first season back from TJ surgery

Probably all four by September of 2014.