• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bedrock, Alvarez & Morin watch!

Chuck

I'd like to show more excitement, but I know better. This team can't get enough of the Jepsens, Rasmus & Marondes of the organization. They'd rather place the game in the hands of a reliever with a BB/9 over 5. And even if they did promote Alvarez and Bedrock as they rightfully deserve, they'd only be deployed in garbage scenarios just like Morin.

Does ANYONE really think Jepsen is going to turn the corner over ONE good inning?

He has the stones of a wuss.

It's really a joke that he's been in this org for sooo long.

What the heck has he done to warrant sooo many chances?

And Rasmus today was comical. Guy has nooooo command whatsoever.

Downs for Rasmus is a wash. Both are garbage.

Edited by Angel Oracle

SICK ALERT

Cam Bedrosian has a .094 BAA across two levels and has fanned 34 in 16 2/3 innings.

R.J. Alvarez has a .133 BAA across two levels and has fanned 28 in 19 innings. Alvarez has also been stretched to go 2 innings seven times this season, including one game in which he went 2 2/3. Could the Angels be stretching him so that he can be our Scot Shields out of the bullpen? 

Oh yeah, like Morin with the Angels, Alvarez has yet to give up an earned run with the Travs. 

SICK ALERT

Cam Bedrosian has a .094 BAA across two levels and has fanned 34 in 16 2/3 innings.

R.J. Alvarez has a .133 BAA across two levels and has fanned 28 in 19 innings. Alvarez has also been stretched to go 2 innings seven times this season, including one game in which he went 2 2/3. Could the Angels be stretching him so that he can be our Scot Shields out of the bullpen?

Oh yeah, like Morin with the Angels, Alvarez has yet to give up an earned run with the Travs.

that's insane. I can't remember the last time the angels had relievers that were this dominating. Hopefully they don't have any health issues.

Bedrosian nails down the save and once again strikes out all three batters he faces.

Also, I will now be saying that they got "Bedrocked" when he strikes out the side in the future.

250px-Rockbottom.jpg

Bah-god! They got Bedrock Bottomed!

Damn, these guys are SICK! 

Bedrosian nails down the save and once again strikes out all three batters he faces.

Also, I will now be saying that they got "Bedrocked" when he strikes out the side in the future.

250px-Rockbottom.jpg

Bah-god! They got Bedrock Bottomed!

He has become quite boring constantly striking out the side and being near automatic.

I'm not sure if that has already been mentioned in this thread or not, but it could be that the team is hoping to save one of them for the last part of the regular season so they are still relatively new when the playoffs start (like KRod in '02). Of course, the large risk there is that they would likely make the team much better right now and you have to get to the playoffs first, but this could be a possible plan for one of them.

No way you wait because they may sneak up on teams later.  The Angels don't have that luxury.  Nobody does this early in the season.   You wait because De La Rosa and Burnett might come back.  You wait because you also have Morin and Alvarez.  You wait because Bedrosian hasn't been dominant for that long in the minors  

WTH is an impingement?  

Description

The rotator cuff is a common source of pain in the shoulder. Pain can be the result of:

• Impingement. When you raise your arm to shoulder height, the space between the acromion and rotator cuff narrows. The acromion can rub against (or "impinge" on) the tendon and the bursa, causing irritation and pain.

Treatment

Nonsurgical Treatment:  In most cases, initial treatment is nonsurgical. Although nonsurgical treatment may take several weeks to months, many patients experience a gradual improvement and return to function.

Surgical Treatment: When nonsurgical treatment does not relieve pain, your doctor may recommend surgery.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00032

Edited by John Smith

That's quite unfortunate.  Once we traded for him, I did some research and felt we'd found out lefty-spec.  TJ surgery put him down for a year and upon returning the Angels didn't seem to have any interest in giving him a shot at that role in the bullpen.  

WTH is an impingement?  

I am currently undergoing physical therapy for right shoulder impingement.  Not sure what level his is vs. mine.  Mine started out feeling like stiffness and gradually got more and more painful as the shoulder muscles (rotator cuff) tightened and restricted range of motion.  Untreated, this could take months to a few years to clear up and potentially wouldn't go back to 100% by itself.  I don't remember doing anything to cause the issue, but the physical therapist suspects that I did something to injure my bicep muscle and began rolling my shoulders forward to compensate.  This action mis-aligned the humerus into the back of the shoulder socket and the rotator cuff tightened over the socket to take up the new gap.  Now, range of motion is affected and sudden moves/reflex moves cause major pain all the way down into the elbow and arm/hand.

I'm sure they've likely caught it early but it is no small thing.