• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official: Hamilton to have surgery on Left Thumb

Richard

I think I'm done being emotionally invested in this team

Way too exhausting riding the roller coaster every season. 

That describes me for the past 35 years.

Losing the 1982 series to the Brewers took everything out of me. That was only the beginning. 1986 and 1995 were living nightmares.

The World Series win in 2002 saved my sanity and probably my health.

I'm not too upset with what happens anymore, at least not like I used to be.

As a person who is mainly a Cardinals fan, but does support the Angels, I'm a little surprised by the fatalistic outlook of most on the board.

Is it a big blow...certainly.  No arguing otherwise.  However, it is a baseball team and there are other people who can contribute and pick up the slack, but from reading this, it seems like people think the team is doomed.

At least give it more than 10 games before capitulating.  It's a long season and lots of things, both expected and unexpected happen.  As the great Yogi Berra was fond of saying, "You never know".  Remember, "Baseball is 90 percent mental; the other half is physical."

I think the team can handle an injury to an offensive guy like Josh. What I don't think the team can handle is an injury to a starting pitcher or bullpen guy. Then we'll be #$%&@#

I would agree.  Given how poorly the pitching has been in the early going, I think there are even a few very critical pitchers that would represent an equally critical loss.  Losing Josh is a massive blow, but the offense should still be able to perform.  The pitching is a bigger concern, in my opinion.

It's amazing that something kids in tee ball know not to do put a professional out for 2 months.  Why in the world would anyone ever slide head first into first base?  It's not like Hamilton is a rookie trying to prove himself either.  There are no words.

Hamilton used to do this in TX also so it's nothing new. As a youth baseball coach in TX for the past couple years I have used Hamilton as an example to my kids of what NOT to do when running to first base. Now I can tell them not only does it not get you there faster, but you will injure yourself as well. 

Edited by russell2626

As a person who is mainly a Cardinals fan, but does support the Angels, I'm a little surprised by the fatalistic outlook of most on the board.

Is it a big blow...certainly.  No arguing otherwise.  However, it is a baseball team and there are other people who can contribute and pick up the slack, but from reading this, it seems like people think the team is doomed.

At least give it more than 10 games before capitulating.  It's a long season and lots of things, both expected and unexpected happen.  As the great Yogi Berra was fond of saying, "You never know".  Remember, "Baseball is 90 percent mental; the other half is physical."

For me it's just the awe inspiring frustration this team generates.

Sign Hamilton to big money contract, he proceeds to instantly become shit after a very successful run in Texas. Then he starts to turn it around and he gets injured. It's almost funny at this point.

If we continue to waste Trout's years i'm gonna snap.