• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Since they're straying away from the books I'll say how I wish last night ended.

I was really hoping that during the act, it showed Ramsay getting his throat sliced and blood gushing all over the place. His body falls over Sansa and she sees the slit throat and lifeless body of Ramsay. She turns around and sees Theon standing there with a bloody knife in his hand. Cut to credits.

GRRM put out a response to last nights episode after receiving tons of hate mail (as if he had anything to do with it).  And I thought he put it very well.  Books and movies/TV shows have to be different.  You can't make them the same.  But for the most part, Game of Thrones has been pretty faithful to the source material.  Obviously when you're dealing with a TV show, you can't put everything in the show exactly how it was in the book.  You have to do shortcuts here and there and change things to fit the story.  But if in the end, you still come to the same conclusion as the book does, does it matter that you changed how they got there?

Edited by Chimi

Very disappointed in last night's episode.

Same here. It was shit. I've been disappointed in this season for the most part. They've totally derailed from the books.

The ending last night sucked. Writers must hate Sansa.

Ramsey needs to go quick. I want to punch that guy's face every time I see it.

This season (specifically last night) had nothing to do with books 4 to 5 at all. There was awesome stuff that happened in the books. This season has been the epitome of rushed and lazy.

I'll give my beef with last night's episode:

1) They are butchering the coolness of The Sand Snakes. The fight scene last night looked like something out of Xena Warrior Princess.2)Arya's story arch is straight rushed

It took pretty much an entire book, months and months of training being Cat of the Canals for her to finally see the most secretive part of the House of Black and White and in the show she has hardly started her training and they show her the faces???

I get that the show is now separate from the book and I accept that, I just think the show has just gone downhill.

And regarding the shit going down in the North for you book readers

I'm pretty pissed that they haven't introduced Wyman Manderly who I feel was an epic sub-character in the book. The North can't rebel against The Bolton's unless at least some of the Lords are involved like Manderly and they haven't introduced any of them or their secret disdain to the Boltons. The only thing we've seen is that old lady saying, "The North remembers" which is cool and all but seeing the Lords that have been silenced by the Boltons and Freys rise up would be so much cooler IMO.

They can't go into all that detail with the show.  They don't have the time to do so.  This show is only supposed to last 7 seasons and we're already almost through the 5th.  What is there, only 4 more episodes left of this season and they're done?

So yes, a lot of the stuff on the show seems very rushed or absent but they have no choice.  They can't keep the show going on forever so that they can introduce all these other story lines.  I don't think they have any interest going past 7 seasons even though HBO has asked them to go to 10.  So they really need to start going through this content because the last two seasons will most likely draw from the two books that haven't even been released yet.

This shit is going off the rails. It's like they are just making shit up as they go along with no direction and just bouncing around characters every week.

It's turning into Homeland, The Walking Dead, and Sons of Anarchy.

I think it's just the fact that they're so uninteresting and poorly written.

Very disappointed thus far.

I would agree Sunday's episode wasn't the strongest...but up to this point I actually thought the season was quite good. There is no possible way they can go through all the slog that was books 4 and 5, people would be slitting their own throats, sacrifices have to be made...and I think the reality is there are a lot of mid level characters in the books that aren't really necessary to bring the story to conclusion. Checkhov's gun is definitely in play.

Not sure it was necessary to have the Ramsey/Sansa scene. We get it, he's a sadistic bastard. The scene with Roose, Ramsey, and Sansa at the dinner table was a great piece of theater...the wedding night...really not much of a need for that. And the scene at the Watergarden's with the Sand Snakes was just silly.

Edited by red321

This shit is going off the rails. It's like they are just making shit up as they go along with no direction and just bouncing around characters every week.

It's turning into Homeland, The Walking Dead, and Sons of Anarchy.

It hasn't reached SoA status yet but I was disappointed in the last episode.  Wasted too much time with the whole gay-denial/persecution thing.

If you're binging episodes, then one bad one is no big deal.  When you wait for a week and get a clunker, it sucks.