• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

I thought the episode last night was good.

As a refresher we watched the season 4 finale before last night's premiere.  That was a great episode.

More fun to binge them than it is to watch week to week, but waiting 10 weeks or whatever is not a good solution.

I thought the episode last night was good.

As a refresher we watched the season 4 finale before last night's premiere.  That was a great episode.

More fun to binge them than it is to watch week to week, but waiting 10 weeks or whatever is not a good solution.

Same here.  I thought the episode was not bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you be bummed? They're pretty much taking out all the pointless crap from the books that made these books lackluster.

maybe because I wanted to see Arys Oakheart and I think Varys tagging along with Tyrion sucks

One mans pointless crap is another man's interest

I think they are cutting out the entire section with Griff which leads one to believe that in the books he's not actually Aegon, the son of Rhaegar, but a fake. Looks like they are probably cutting out the Dorne visit to Daenarys as well.

maybe because I wanted to see Arys Oakheart and I think Varys tagging along with Tyrion sucks

One mans pointless crap is another man's interest

Arys story didn't really go anywhere which is why I think they're cutting it out.  It didn't really advance the current story and it's just another side story in a sea of other story lines.  Probably for the same reason they decided to just kill off Mance Rayder and not go the route of the books.

I saw an article not long ago that pretty much said the show will finally do something that GRRM failed to do when he wrote this part of the story ... get it properly edited.

Just because it's Game of Thrones I'm intrigued, but the first two episodes have been lackluster IMO.

Episode 4 is when things get really good.

minor spoiler episodes 1-4

arya's story line has been extremely uninteresting. I really don't care what she's trying to do. I'm sure it will matter latter on, but damn has it been rough to watch so far.

Edited by Poozy

apparently jon snow is only 14 years old from the start of the books. 

Never would've guessed.

Almost all of the characters are younger in the books than in the show.

At the beginning of book 1:

*Jon is 14

*Robb is 14

*Daenerys is 13

*Sansa is 12

*Eddard is 35

*Arya, Bran, and Tommen are all 2-3 years younger than in the show

They have to change the ages...can't have Daenery's getting mounted at 13, or Tommyn attempting to break sex records at 10. And Bran looking like the world's oldest 10 year old.

but isn't that what happens in the books? Little creepy.

Regarding the show for you book readers

Not a fan of Selmy getting killed off. I feel like it's ****ing pointless to do it.

Also, I read an opinion today on the direction of Mormont and I agree with it. They're setting him up to kind of play the part of Harrington where he gets the Grey Scale by saving Tyrion, and makes it his mission to see Dany to the throne before he dies of it and of course keeps it uber secretive. Something is happening with the Grey Scale since they spent the time to talk about it during the Stannis/daughter scene

• 2 weeks later...