• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

I was reading an article today that might help explain this season...which really started strong but has seem a bit rushed the last few weeks.

I'm going to put this under a spoiler tag. There are no real spoilers because the storyline is passing the books...but just in case someone is being ultra cautious I'll tag it

Books 4 and 5 were thousands of pages of backstory as well as setting the stage for the last book (or apparently now at least two books, if not three). There was a lot of moving pieces around (or in the case of some characters just wandering aimlessly). There were no significant/defining battles that acted as a sort of culmination of the book (season).

The article surmises, and it makes sense...the showrunners need there to be a conclusion to this season...there needs to be that big defining battle scene (Stannis and the Bolton's at Winterfell) and probably some sort of conclusion to the Daenery's/Mereen experiment. None of which has happened in the books.

Book reader's will be familiar with another story point...well...two of them actually. No need to hint at them.

Edited by red321

This is why I hated the fact Joffrey got killed off. He was a great villain to the story and way more interesting than Cersei. He was way more unpredictable. Imagine Joffrey was still alive and he went to war against the Faith Militant for what they did. He started slaughtering those of the Faith and started turning the entire city of Kings Landing against him. Finally the people were starting to stand up against this tyrant and for the first time making Joffreys reign completely vulnerable for attack by one of the other people who are laying claim to the throne. I think the story would be a lot more interesting.

I kind of dig that Ramsey is the new Joffery. Helps build the animosity and care for the show.

Read a few articles that people were boycotting the show because of the rape scene.....which made me think why this was different than any other rape scene or the Jaime/Cersei one seasons ago.

I was reading an article today that might help explain this season...which really started strong but has seem a bit rushed the last few weeks.

I'm going to put this under a spoiler tag. There are no real spoilers because the storyline is passing the books...but just in case someone is being ultra cautious I'll tag it

Books 4 and 5 were thousands of pages of backstory as well as setting the stage for the last book (or apparently now at least two books, if not three). There was a lot of moving pieces around (or in the case of some characters just wandering aimlessly). There were no significant/defining battles that acted as a sort of culmination of the book (season).

The article surmises, and it makes sense...the showrunners need there to be a conclusion to this season...there needs to be that big defining battle scene (Stannis and the Bolton's at Winterfell) and probably some sort of conclusion to the Daenery's/Mereen experiment. None of which has happened in the books.

Book reader's will be familiar with another story point...well...two of them actually. No need to hint at them.

Thanks for tagging and agree. Those two and the little guy should get some definition.

I kind of dig that Ramsey is the new Joffery. Helps build the animosity and care for the show.

Read a few articles that people were boycotting the show because of the rape scene.....which made me think why this was different than any other rape scene or the Jaime/Cersei one seasons ago.

Jaime raped Cersei?  I must have missed that.

In the books that scene was consensual, though I don't think it was in the crypt next to the body of their inbred bastard son...in the tv show it was portrayed as rape which led to the criticism because it wasn't necessary to advance the story. 

For those who have read the books, are we past the point that Lady Stoneheart can be part of the TV show?

edit Red: put spoiler tag

Probably not...but I'm not sure what it actually does to advance the story. I think this is one of those items that gets cut..Checkhov's gun again. And truthfully, I'm fine with that...geez I hated her whiney mopey arse. She had to be one of the dumbest people in Westeros.

Sorry about the possible spoiler. Did not think it would matter if people did not know what it meant.

How do you do the spoiler tag option?

When you are in the Reply to this topic screen, the third icon on the top row...the one titled Special BBC Code, open that and look for Spoiler Tag

You can also open and close it with [ spoiler ] and close it with [ /spoiler ]

no space between the bracket and the word

test

For those who have read the books, are we past the point that Lady Stoneheart can be part of the TV show?

edit Red: put spoiler tag

I don't think she's going to be on the show.  She served no real point in the books other than getting revenge on those associated with the Frey's and Lannisters.  I think they're reaching a point where they only have so much time left to tell the remaining story.  They still are saying the show will only be 70 episodes long (7 seasons).  So that gives them two more seasons to fit in the two unreleased books/stories.  Lady Stoneheart is one of those characters that is cool for the books but she probably has no affect on the overall plot of the series and isn't needed.  Plus, if they resurrect her, I think it will take away from the whole resurrecting aspect.  I still think Jon Snow dies this season and is resurrected next season somehow.  I think it adds to the cool factor if we haven't already seen another major character resurrected.

It wouldn't be too late to introduce Lady Stoneheart if Brotherhood without Banners were still around. They disappeared without explanation like many of the show's characters.

Edit: Added spoiler tag. Folks who have read the books...this thread is for people who are watching the show...some of them might not have read the books so please be cognizant when you add to this thread. If anything you want to discuss has not occurred in the show, it's best to use the spoiler tag just in case

Edited by red321