• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the playoffs enough?

81 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Happy if the Halos Make the Playoffs

With the pitching staff we started with at the end of last season and even start with this season the playoffs would be a boon.

This right here. So many people are focused on the possibility of our offense, but our pitching staff is still a question mark and we would be lucky getting to the playoffs with it.

This Angels team is simply not built to win a Championship. Hitting wins fans, Pitching wins Championships. This team has too many holes right now to even contemplate Playoff's.

At this point a winning record would make me happy as I'm not thoroughly convinced even that is possible.

The Angels need 2 more quality starting pitchers (which could be next year or the following if Richards, Skaggs and/or Santiago work out). As it stands right now, though, Richards is the most seasoned, with Santiago ahead of Skaggs. Skaggs has the highest potential upside, though. As a group, however, the Angels Starting pitching staff is just too young and inexperienced to carry through the year.

Will I watch the Angels night in and night out? You bet your butt. Will I cheer them on? With all my heart and soul. Do believe that this year the playoffs are even a remote possibility? Not a chance.

But, as I have said before repeatedly, the Angels need to develop talent from within, and with Richards, Skaggs and Santiago, they have a chance to do just that, which I think bodes well for the Angels down the road next year or the year after that.

I'd be happy with a playoff appearance. As others have pointed out, what happens in the playoffs is largely a crapshoot. In baseball, being hotter is more important than being better come playoff time. Baseball isn't like basketball - there are too many ups and downs in the sport of baseball for a 7-game series to accurately decide who is a better team. I've always felt the true measure of how good a team is over time is how many times they make the playoffs, not how many championships they won. Just look at a franchise like the Florida/Miami Marlins, hah.

Will you be satisfied with the season if the halos get a wild card spot no matter the outcome?

Probably, but it depends on what changes were made during the season. As the team stands now, I think we should make the playoffs. 

I think you will find that most fans of every other team would probably feel the same way. Barring maybe the Yankees and Red Sox fans. It will be especially prevalent for fans of teams that haven't made the playoffs in recent years.

What is that?  With this pitching staff and coaching staff we should be happy to make the playoffs.

Why do you think that NYY and BOS are the perennial contenders that they are.  Its because their fan base EXPECTS it and won't settle for anything less than a WS.

A great number of Angels fans could learn something those fan bases.  They could also learn how to expect it without being assholes.  Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Why do you think that NYY and BOS are the perennial contenders that they are.  Its because their fan base EXPECTS it and won't settle for anything less than a WS.

A great number of Angels fans could learn something those fan bases.  They could also learn how to expect it without being assholes.  Wouldn't that be refreshing?

You've got it backwards. Fans of NYY and BOS expect their teams to win a WS every year BECAUSE they are perennial contenders, NOT the other way around. If we Angel fans change our "attitudes", that's not going to make our players play any better. Arte is already a committed owner and has tried his best to put a winner on the field. It just hasn't worked out.

They (we) could learn how to expect a winner and not be assholes.... from the Redsox and Yankee fans.

OK, got it.