• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

10 Reasons Why I’m Excited About the Angels in 2014

With the release of Blanton, for the first time in years, there's no player on the roster that a large majority of the fans are rooting against or can't stand to see in the lineup at the start of the season. There's no Blanton, Wells, GMJ, Mathis, etc...

I think the lack of an obvious "goat" on opening day roster seems to have a positive energy, at least on this board,  that I haven't felt in years. Even in the years when the team was tremendous, there were "fans" that were complaining about this player or that player before he had even thrown a pitch or tried to take a swing.

Not to say that if this team gets off to a slow start, someone becomes the new focal point of the fan's frustrations, but at least he'll have to earn that honor instead of automatically carry that burden from game one.

Edited by gurn67

5 things I've seen this past week I haven't seen in two years.

1) Consistent starting pitching 2) Bullpen holding leads 3) Two out hits with R.I.S.P.  4) Late inning rallys  5) A long winning streak

I,d love to see a few weeks like this when it counts.

5 things I've seen this past week I haven't seen in two years.

1) Consistent starting pitching 2) Bullpen holding leads 3) Two out hits with R.I.S.P.  4) Late inning rallys  5) A long winning streak

I,d love to see a few weeks like this when it counts.

I agree with everything you said and was almost going to put #5 as one of my reasons, but I went back and saw that the Angels had an 8-game win streak in 2013. I couldn't believe, but they did.

What has me the most excited is how they did in Spring Training.  Yes, I know ST doesn't mean a lot, but when you look at how bad their relief pitching was last year in ST and how good it has been this year, you can easily see the Angels have the right guys in the pen.

A solid bullpen is the key for this team and I think they have the right pieces.

"Angels, who also had the fourth-best spring ERA at 3.47, more than three runs better than last year's mark of 6.56." - LA Times

I normally want weekends to feel nice and long, but all I can say is....is it Monday yet????

Edited by Jim B

I'm just excited for a more competitive baseball year. I want the Angels to make the playoffs but if they don't, at least make a good run at it.

Finishing way behind in the division each year has gotten old. I want to have meaningful baseball being played in Anaheim in September this year.

But making the playoffs would be quite awesome, I have to say.

Edited by Angels_Baseball

The thing is though Callaspo and Freese are almost identical 3Bmen. Both suck defensively and are good for around 10 HRs a year.

At least there is a possibility that Freese will hit 20 Hrs and drive in some important runs when needed.

There was never a chance in hell that Callapso might do that.

Im not hugely optimistic on freese (or ibanez). Would have liked to hrab another starter, and I was one of the idiots who was looking forward to a burnett return.

I am reservedly pumped for pujols/hamilton. The 'good' news is that they were so bad last year, that them just being average hitters will be a huge step forward. But I sont think eother will be average, they will be good. Not mvp's, but solid. (Trout is trout).

But its calhoun thats got everyone charmed. If he can live up to AW expectations, pujols and hamilton should have plenty of meaningful at bats this year (with again, trout being trout).

And I look for iannetta to quietly be a much better hitter. Maybe a .250 avg with 15 home runs or so. Rhat, with his good OBP will be very nice in the bottom half of the order.