• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official "It's only spring training" thread

Glen

Dave Duncan took a leave of absence to be with his wife (she's battling cancer). I don't think he'll coach again, but if he does, it will be with the Cards.

Right...my point was basically that lohse is basically a product of duncan...he's not as good as his 2012 stats suggest...only way I'd want lohse on the team is if duncan was the pitching coach...which won't happen

Not keeping Haren chaps my hide to no end. The fact Marmol was even considered in a trade chaps my hide even more. Blanton with a 2 year deal. LIVID. I expect Losch, or a trade within 2 weeks if a 1 or more of pitchers 3-5  start off blowing chunks.

So glad that Marmol trade didn't go down. 10 mil contract ridiculous BB/9 ughh. Of all the pitchers acquired this off-season Blanton is the one I worry about the least. He throws strikes, pitches deep into ball games. Good thing too, cause the pen is lookin like shit so far.

Ya, even with the Angels pitching situation, I don't think Lohse is worth the 2-3 year deal he's looking for + a lost draft pick.

Would you sign him for the rest of the year post June Draft(no compensation) if the pitching woes continue into the reg. season?

I would certainly think long and hard about it, yes. It still boils down to what his/Boras's contract expectations would be at this point(which appears to be the much larger reason behind him being unsigned than the draft pick attached to him), but that's at least one factor out of the picture.

I expect some team to bite the bullet before then, though.

I just don't know if Dipoto knows how really put together a team. This team desperately needs to fix its minor league system and I am not sure he knows how to do it.

The farm system was in trouble before he came in. It is not an overnight fix and may take years to get it back on track. Give him a few more years to right the ship before we start dumping on him.

Right...my point was basically that lohse is basically a product of duncan...he's not as good as his 2012 stats suggest...only way I'd want lohse on the team is if duncan was the pitching coach...which won't happen

I knew that. I responding to "comber16" and and one else that thought Arte "opening his wallet" for Duncan would make a difference. I don't want the Angels to sign Lohse either.      

spring record means nothing to me.  I couldn't care less if the individual players ramp up and get ready for the season.  If they appear ready to go by season's start then so be it.  Vargas, Blanton, Richards and pretty much the entire offense looks good.  I have my issues with the pen but hopefully they can perform enough to get the job done.  Trumbo looks a little lost but he could turn the corner at any second.  Weaver and Wilson will be fine I think.

The bad record is as much an indicator of the farm system not being super talented but we knew that.