• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official "It's only spring training" thread

Glen

I was kinda hoping that we would see a couple of pitchers step up and prove something this spring. There is still time, but everything that could go wrong has done so.

At least some 'encouraging' performances would have been nice.

Cordero - awful

Sisk - injured

Madsen - injured

Kobayashi - gone

Hanson - awful and injured

Williams - terrible

Carpenter maybe?

Cabrera looked good in the WBC?

I am still very concerned about our bullpen.

Yeah me too. Hope Madsen gets healthy soon and Burnett is the same guy who pitched on the Nationals.

Downs worries me too.

I didn't see Coello's early spring efforts (when he struggled)... however, I did see him in person last Friday against Seattle and saw him on TV last night and he looked impressive in both outings. Dominant, actually.

He definitely needs a lot of work, but I see some solid potential there. I predict he'll be the Maronde of 2013.

Desperately searching for a bright spot in a disasterous and scary Spring Training. We need Lohse... badly.

I'm a little concerned about Downs too.  He was pretty bad in the 2nd half last year, and he hasn't exactly looked great this spring.  He was a rock for us in the past.  Maybe I'm just having flashbacks to Justin Speier.

All good things must come to an end. Not saying he's done but I think his best days are behind him.

I'm remembering why I keep disappearing from the board. Besides previous bashes on Sosh and Mathis, I don't think I've ever posted anything that proved worthy of a response from any of you regulars. Snobs.  

I feel like the dork at lunch who's trying to hang out with the cool kids and keeps jumping into their conversation, but they pretend I'm invisible. 

Karma is paying me back for being the douche in high school who ignored the dorks. The tables have turned.

I didn't see Coello's early spring efforts (when he struggled)... however, I did see him in person last Friday against Seattle and saw him on TV last night and he looked impressive in both outings. Dominant, actually.

He definitely needs a lot of work, but I see some solid potential there. I predict he'll be the Maronde of 2013.

Desperately searching for a bright spot in a disasterous and scary Spring Training. We need Lohse... badly.

I'm remembering why I keep disappearing from the board. Besides previous bashes on Sosh and Mathis, I don't think I've ever posted anything that proved worthy of a response from any of you regulars. Snobs.  

I feel like the dork at lunch who's trying to hang out with the cool kids and keeps jumping into their conversation, but they pretend I'm invisible. 

Karma is paying me back for being the douche in high school who ignored the dorks. The tables have turned.

Cool story, brah.

I didn't see Coello's early spring efforts (when he struggled)... however, I did see him in person last Friday against Seattle and saw him on TV last night and he looked impressive in both outings. Dominant, actually.

He definitely needs a lot of work, but I see some solid potential there. I predict he'll be the Maronde of 2013.

Desperately searching for a bright spot in a disasterous and scary Spring Training. We need Lohse... badly.

Ok..ill respond...Lohse sucked in the AL. Come to think of it he sucked in the NL too until he pitched under Dave Duncan....

He's older and doesn't have over powering stuff. On top of all that he will cost us a draft pick. Ill pass

"I feel like the dork at lunch who's trying to hang out with the cool kids and keeps jumping into their conversation, but they pretend I'm invisible"

This place is very snobby. Like Rolling Stone Magazine VS Rush prior to 2010 Snobby. LOL.It is still the only real place for the Ultimate in Angels info.

I wont ignore you comber18, we can be the two dorks on campus hiding behind the tree and burning bugs with magnifying glasses. You know by siding with you, I will now be ignored. Never mind, get lost.

The interesting thing to me this year is that the majority of the ML pitching staff are guys Dipoto traded for or signed via FA.  In other words, this year's pitching is on him.

In the rotation, Weaver is the only guy Dipoto inherited, and I have a hard time believing he wouldn't want Weaver here anyway.

In the bullpen, it's a little less so, with Madson, Burnett, and Frieri being his guys.  Still, those figure to be 3 key guys.

Not saying he should be automatically fired if the pitching sucks this year, but the bloom will definitely be off the rose.

We'll see how it plays out, but close to 400 million dollars in questionable contracts for 2 bats(including one who was added to a lineup that was already really good) with a patchwork pitching staff and no depth behind that pitching staff could very easily end up looking bad for Dipoto.

We'll see how it plays out, but close to 400 million dollars in questionable contracts for 2 bats(including one who was added to a lineup that was already really good) with a patchwork pitching staff and no depth behind that pitching staff could very easily end up looking bad for Dipoto.

The other thing to take into consideration is how much of Pujols & Hamilton is Dipoto, and how much is it Arte wanting to put butts in seats?  I suppose even if it is the latter though, it would be still be Dipoto's job to talk him out of it.