• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz would "love" a gay teammate

jshep

Thanks for clarifying. It takes guts to share when the public opinion is clearly a bit hostile towards what you said.

It sounds like a lot of your uncomfortableness is from "flaming" gay men, which is actually a minority of the gay population, if I'm not mistaken - and those who like to be outrageous, lewd, etc. Just remember that there are tons of straight men just as lewd, and some women too.

It also sounds like it might be an exposure thing. Out of curiosity, where do you live?

Thanks.  And yeah like I said its mostly for gays that are so obnoxious about it, the flaming ones as you put it.  Im comfortable around people who act normal and behaved regardless of their sexual orientation  Id rather not share my location but I am from the OC.  It might just be that ive been around these "flaming" gays and have gotten all sorts of weird awkward and uncomfortable vibes.

Look at that Jason Collins guy for example.  Seems like a nice guy with a normal attitude.  I could have a conversation with him and not feel weird at all.  

It usually depends on how they act. Ive been around gay people before who are so openly gay that they will say whatever crosses their mind. I dont want to get inappropriate in this thread but basically they talk about their sexual desires so openly. For example they see an attractive male walk by they might say something like "omg id love to xxxx to that guy." Thats when it becomes awkward. Im straight but I dont talk like that when I see an attractive female I might say something like shes hot but nothing inappropriate.

So I guess I should have included that in my statement. Hanging around gay people who talk like that just makes it awkward because for one its completely nasty, and two it makes me feel weird because its disgusting if they have those thoughts about me.

If a gay person is sitting next to me just acting normal and nothing out of the ordinary, I dont really mind. But the type of gay people that make me awkward the ones that talk with the girly voice, dress like a female, and say nasty things out loud.

You must hang out with a much different group of guys than I do because all my friends are straight and they have no problems telling each other what they would do to a hot chick that walks by us.

Gay, straight, it doesn't matter. It's a guy thing.

if we're two friends hanging out and i see some girl that's got it going on, then you're probably going to hear some lewd remarks coming from my mouth. it's just a double standard, plain and simple. 

It not a double standard.  Its an opinion.  I personally dont want to hear a gay mans sexual thoughts.  Its extremely gross and disgusting.  That's not bigoted or hateful in any way.  

There is a time and place for any and all behavior. For instance talking explicit sex, gay or straight, has no place in the workplace. Has no place in a grade or middle school. But in an atmosphere of consenting adults most any subject is fair game. Just because someone finds something in poor taste doesn't mean it's wrong. A persons right to pursue his own happiness should not be infringed upon. On the same note, just because you have a right to be happy doesn't mean you have the right to force someone else to be happy for you. It comes down to mutual respect for another individual's freedoms. Respect that others may feel and think different than you.

It not a double standard.  Its an opinion.  I personally dont want to hear a gay mans sexual thoughts.  Its extremely gross and disgusting.  That's not bigoted or hateful in any way.

"gross and disgusting" isn't hateful or bigoted? Maybe that's a matter of opinion. At the very least your statement is repressive and shows no respect for another's freedom. I have never heard men talking about other like that. Why is it the people least accepting of others seem to be the only people exposed to this "gross and disgusting" comments?

What are your thoughts about a gay women's sexual thoughts? Is it just as disgusting?

Its too bad that a remark like that is even news. Kudos to papi for saying it, but it should be status quo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, regardless of which side you fall on. But what people do on their own time, as long as its not effecting anyone else, is their own business.

And lets be honest, there isnt a man on here that hasnt thought about trout in the shower once or twice. Right?

Right?

You must hang out with a much different group of guys than I do because all my friends are straight and they have no problems telling each other what they would do to a hot chick that walks by us.

Gay, straight, it doesn't matter. It's a guy thing.

Yeah, although I would even take it one step further and say I have a few female friends who also have no problem saying whatever crosses their mind when a hot guy walks past us.

Seems like his gripe here should be more about people who have a tendency to be more unfiltered/lewd in those situations, regardless of sexual orientation.

So what is your opinion with girl on girl action?

I am a straight male.  I like women.  It does not disgust me.  Couldnt you have figured that out without asking?

But the reason you asked is so you could point out the "double standard."  Come on lets hear it.  Im a bigot.  A homophobe.  I hate gays.  Anything else?

I am a straight male. I like women. It does not disgust me. Couldnt you have figured that out without asking?

But the reason you asked is so you could point out the "double standard." Come on lets hear it. Im a bigot. A homophobe. I hate gays. Anything else?

I think you covered them all.

Im sorry for talking about gays like that. I didnt mean to offend you.

By the way I didnt know moderators can dish out personal attacks like that. Is that what this site has come to. What a shame.

You're right I should let you spew your hate. We have people on here who are gay, so I choose to support them rather than you and your views.

Good God. AW attacks everyone like a shark smelling blood. Relax. QM said he doesn't feel comfortable around some gays. He isn't out here dropping the F bomb and joining up with Westboro Baptist. ****ing relax.

Thank You.  I already explained the context of what I said in my initial post.  Ive had normal conversations with gay people before.  I just personally feel uncomfortable about the ones who flaunt the fact that they are gay so vividly and disgustingly.  Maybe its just from past experiences but ive been around gay people who talk in this incredibly annoying voice, and constantly spew sexual desires for other males, its not enjoyable to be around.  

If you like associating with people that dress and talk like Perez Hilton, more power to you.  Dont take your frustration out on me if I dont agree with you.  I already gave an example of a gay person who I would feel comfortable around:  Jason Collins.  A well spoken and presentable gay male.  

Also I still find it funny how a moderator (Stradling) can just personally attack a regular member just for giving his opinion?  For any site i've been on the moderators are usually the ones who keep the debates civilized and keep personal attacks out of it.  Theres too much power tripping on this site.