• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz would "love" a gay teammate

jshep

We are living in some very special times for gay men and women. Acceptance is steamrolling. In five years or so this won't even rate a blurb on page five of the sports page.

Marriage! It's not just for breeders anymore!!!

are u proposing? if so...YES!

I personally feel awkward around gay people and I dont care if you think im homophobic.  

If you're going to drop a doozy like this, can you explain why? Why do you feel awkward around gay people? What is it exactly that leads to this formula: other people's gayness = your awkwardness?

One of my best friends is gay and I honestly cannot imagine life without him, who cares about sexual orientation. All the athletes that are scared of the idea of having a gay teammate need to grow up. The NFL can have perpetual amounts of DUI's and man slaughters, murderers, dog fighters. guys who hire hit men to kill their pregnant girlfriend because they wouldn't get rid of the baby (Rae Carruth), drug abusers, guys who exposed their dick to a child (Lance Rentzel), female abuse because a girl wouldn't dance with him (Lawrence Phillips), drug dealers (Nate Newton), beat your wife while your children witness it (Chris Terry), and video taping a rape (Darrell Russell) but lord forbid a professional sports team allows openly gay teammates. You don't think you've EVER had a gay teammate before without knowing? Please. 

Edited by nikkachez

If you're going to drop a doozy like this, can you explain why? Why do you feel awkward around gay people? What is it exactly that leads to this formula: other people's gayness = your awkwardness?

It usually depends on how they act.  Ive been around gay people before who are so openly gay that they will say whatever crosses their mind.  I dont want to get inappropriate in this thread but basically they talk about their sexual desires so openly.  For example they see an attractive male walk by they might say something like "omg id love to xxxx to that guy."  Thats when it becomes awkward.  Im straight but I dont talk like that when I see an attractive female I might say something like shes hot but nothing inappropriate.  

So I guess I should have included that in my statement.  Hanging around gay people who talk like that just makes it awkward because for one its completely nasty, and two it makes me feel weird because its disgusting if they have those thoughts about me.  

If a gay person is sitting next to me just acting normal and nothing out of the ordinary, I dont really mind.  But the type of gay people that make me awkward the ones that talk with the girly voice, dress like a female, and say nasty things out loud.  

I personally feel awkward around gay people and I dont care if you think im homophobic.  

I don't think you could have gone to my high school, than.

By my count...I'm saying about 1/4 to 1/3 of the people there were gay.

and yes, it was in Berkeley two blocks below Telegraph Ave.

Shocking...I know.

Edited by DW711

It usually depends on how they act.  Ive been around gay people before who are so openly gay that they will say whatever crosses their mind.  I dont want to get inappropriate in this thread but basically they talk about their sexual desires so openly.  For example they see an attractive male walk by they might say something like "omg id love to xxxx to that guy."  Thats when it becomes awkward.  Im straight but I dont talk like that when I see an attractive female I might say something like shes hot but nothing inappropriate.  

So I guess I should have included that in my statement.  Hanging around gay people who talk like that just makes it awkward because for one its completely nasty, and two it makes me feel weird because its disgusting if they have those thoughts about me.  

If a gay person is sitting next to me just acting normal and nothing out of the ordinary, I dont really mind.  But the type of gay people that make me awkward the ones that talk with the girly voice, dress like a female, and say nasty things out loud.  

Thanks for clarifying. It takes guts to share when the public opinion is clearly a bit hostile towards what you said.

It sounds like a lot of your uncomfortableness is from "flaming" gay men, which is actually a minority of the gay population, if I'm not mistaken - and those who like to be outrageous, lewd, etc. Just remember that there are tons of straight men just as lewd, and some women too.

It also sounds like it might be an exposure thing. Out of curiosity, where do you live?