• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

First off, I've said this before but I think it bears repeating again. I don't hate or dislike you, LBHalos17. You honestly seem like a reasonable guy and it's commendable that you're humble enough to discuss this at all. Thank you for that. Really, I mean it.

I have a challenge for you. There's a good way to shut me up and restore some of the faith I've lost in law enforcement. The next time you're rude or lacking professionalism toward a member of the public (hey, it happens to all of us) go back to the person and apologize for what you did.

Have your partner film the apology and upload the video to YouTube. Post the link here and you've got $100 in meals and/or Angels tickets from me.

You can't be serious.

They said bruising to his face.  Of course it could all be BS.  I'm not defending him.

That being said, for the cop to have simply got out of his car and shoot an unarmed man with his hands up, which is the version some witnesses gave, he would have to be more than an incompetent over-testosteroned douche like most of the cops we talk about, he'd have to be an absolute lunatic.

I'm gonna wait for more info before I start looting my local Foot Locker.

Pick me up the new Lebrons. TY

Let's be honest here, nothing that LB or any cop does will shut you up so just continue with your Fuk Da Polize mentality

LBHalos17 doing that would mean a lot. 

I've never witnessed a police officer apologize to someone for acting like a jerk.  Same thing goes for code enforcement officers there, Tobias. 

In this article: "After being placed in a holding cell, he was released with no charges and no explanation. He was denied information about the names and badge numbers of those who arrested him."

Is it legal for them not to provide names and badge numbers upon request? It shouldn't be.

They said bruising to his face.  Of course it could all be BS.  I'm not defending him.

That being said, for the cop to have simply got out of his car and shoot an unarmed man with his hands up, which is the version some witnesses gave, he would have to be more than an incompetent over-testosteroned douche like most of the cops we talk about, he'd have to be an absolute lunatic.

I'm gonna wait for more info before I start looting my local Foot Locker.

Yeah it looks really bad for the boys in blue at this point. Obviously we can't be certain about anything but it just reeks of a cover-up. Who in their right mind would try to reach for an officer's gun? The victim was apparently a good kid which makes it harder to believe he'd do something that stupid.

The aftermath of how the ferguson department have dealt with everything has been a joke.

It's almost as though they asked themselves "How can we make ourselves look like the biggest group of violent, cowboy assholes possible?" It makes the event that started this thing way more suspect. They clearly aren't big on professionalism or restraint as a department.

Just a bad apple.  A one-off, isolated incident.

from the LA Times:

The officer involved has been removed from the field and assigned to an administrative job, the CHP said.[/size]

But no assault charge, I'm sure. That's my number one issue. Cops need to be subject to the same laws and consequences as the people they police.

First off, I've said this before but I think it bears repeating again.  I don't hate or dislike you, LBHalos17.  You honestly seem like a reasonable guy and it's commendable that you're humble enough to discuss this at all.  Thank you for that.  Really, I mean it.

I have a challenge for you.  There's a good way to shut me up and restore some of the faith I've lost in law enforcement.  The next time you're rude or lacking professionalism toward a member of the public (hey, it happens to all of us) go back to the person and apologize for what you did. 

Have your partner film the apology and upload the video to YouTube.  Post the link here and you've got $100 in meals and/or Angels tickets from me. 

I apologize to people during the course of my job on just about a weekly basis..

Often times, when responding to crimes-in-progress for example, we end-up detaining innocent people who match suspect descriptions..  I have apologized to people who I have proned-out on the street after they were determined to not be involved in a robbery (a couple of weeks ago, we responded to a silent-robbery alarm at a liquor store and arrived to see three males hustling out of the store.  Turned-out the clerk hit the alarm AFTER the robber left, and continued with business as usual until we arrived).  I've stated in here before, that I try to explain my actions to people if there is time (and they are receptive) after an incident is over.

Your challenge is just plain silly.  There is nothing to be gained by a public-apology on youtube, along with the reprimands Officers would receive for posting a video in uniform.

In this article: "After being placed in a holding cell, he was released with no charges and no explanation. He was denied information about the names and badge numbers of those who arrested him."

Is it legal for them not to provide names and badge numbers upon request? It shouldn't be.

Yes we are required to deliver that information..  about any Officer involved in an incident.

But this Ferguson-deal is a fluid monster, with rioting and danger to the Officers all around.  I watched quite a bit of it today, and it seems that these media-types are instigating with their cameras.  I imagine these are very frustrated Officers right now, trying to deal with this aftermath.

I apologize to people during the course of my job on just about a weekly basis..

Often times, when responding to crimes-in-progress for example, we end-up detaining innocent people who match suspect descriptions..  I have apologized to people who I have proned-out on the street after they were determined to not be involved in a robbery (a couple of weeks ago, we responded to a silent-robbery alarm at a liquor store and arrived to see three males hustling out of the store.  Turned-out the clerk hit the alarm AFTER the robber left, and continued with business as usual until we arrived).  I've stated in here before, that I try to explain my actions to people if there is time (and they are receptive) after an incident is over.

Your challenge is just plain silly.  There is nothing to be gained by a public-apology on youtube, along with the reprimands Officers would receive for posting a video in uniform.

I believe you, I'd just love to witness a genuine apology (like you described) once in my lifetime. 

When you rolled up at that liquor store, those males exiting the liquor store asserted their innocence right away, correct?  I'm guessing they did, but you had to detain them anyway to investigate.  You didn't take them at their word until the clerk corroborated their story. 

Do you see the double standard?  If a potential suspect's word isn't sufficient to establish their innocence, why should yours be enough to establish your professionalism?  That's why I offered you that challenge. 

I believe you, I'd just love to witness a genuine apology (like you described) once in my lifetime. 

When you rolled up at that liquor store, those males exiting the liquor store asserted their innocence right away, correct?  I'm guessing they did, but you had to detain them anyway to investigate.  You didn't take them at their word until the clerk corroborated their story. 

Do you see the double standard?  If a potential suspect's word isn't sufficient to establish their innocence, why should yours be enough to establish your professionalism?  That's why I offered you that challenge. 

Double-standard?!  This is one of the most insane comments I've read here..  NO,  a potential suspect's word is not going to circumvent my duty to investigate an incident.  I understand you would have me make another split-second judgement about the potential suspect's "demeanor" and the passion of his/her claims of innocence.  You'd be shocked; LOTS of people lie to me on a daily basis!  Mostly suspects, but even innocent people and for the stupidest of reasons.

I'd rather do my job professionally and detain someone for a few minutes, rather than try to play "Judge" and let a potential suspect pass me by and possibly turn and hurt my Partners and I.  WE as a Department do a great job of picking innocent folks up, dusting them off, and explaining/apologizing our actions.

I see that you will never understand the intricacies of my job.  We've got to be flexible enough to play Cop, fighter, parent, counselor, priest, Fireman, and sometimes Judge in an instant.

Even if he DID rob that store, I'm not seeing anything besides the cops' story(which contradicts that of every eye witness) justifying shooting and killing the unarmed kid 30 something feet away who is surrendering.

Really?!  Still not waiting for the COMPLETE facts to come-out before condemning the Officer?  

It's changed from shooting an un-armed man in the back for jaywalking, to a probable robbery suspect overnight and I'm sure there's more to come beyond the fact that the Police report NAMES Brown as the suspect..

Pass judgement.