• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Lhalo

Made a lot of good points that are hard to argue.  I think this is the same speech you're talking about.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/6889

On US hypocrisy:

"Like a mirror, the situation in Ukraine reflects what is going on and what has been happening in the world over the past several decades. After the dissolution of bipolarity on the planet, we no longer have stability. Key international institutions are not getting any stronger; on the contrary, in many cases, they are sadly degrading. Our western partners, led by the United States of America, prefer not to be guided by international law in their practical policies, but by the rule of the gun. They have come to believe in their exclusivity and exceptionalism, that they can decide the destinies of the world, that only they can ever be right. They act as they please: here and there, they use force against sovereign states, building coalitions based on the principle “If you are not with us, you are against us.” To make this aggression look legitimate, they force the necessary resolutions from international organisations, and if for some reason this does not work, they simply ignore the UN Security Council and the UN overall."

The scary part was him referring to ethnic Russians, no matter where they live, as citizens of the "Russian Nation". We're not talking about assclowns wearing their Red Sox cap in the Big A. We're talking about the right to govern portions of sovereign countries because his predecessors left a few squatters behind. There's not going to be a high road in this battle so I'm choosing the one that includes my best interest and that's the one that doesn't see the repackaging or the USSR.

Weird to say, but I'm with Putin on this one. We need to stay the **** out of this. We aren't the damn world police. Unless Russia goes out and starts slaughtering nations, we should have absolutely no role in this.

Actually, this is the one we should be involved in. Blowing a couple trillion in Iraq was what we should not have done but it's in no one's interest to let the Russians start claiming territories as their own. Once this taboo is broken we're back on 24/7 nuclear watch. Or, maybe this is the next ploy to get volunteers in our military?

Come on fan, what are you expecting from Obama here?  You keep making these comments but have come up with nothing for solutions or suggestions.  Just seems petty to me.

What are you wanting?

A different president and a better foreign policy across the board, for starters.

I'll let Charles Krauthammer elaborate:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-obamas-pathetic-response-to-putin/2014/03/20/6ef35b9c-b065-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

That doesn't do anything to explain what you want from him right now.  I'm guessing you didn't complain when Bush gave his basketball picks during Iraq and Afghanistan. 

The foreign policy that has led to this has been a long time coming, not just the last six years.  Its crazy to expect Russia to just sit back and watch Nato and the EU plant bombs and bases right next door to them without them feeling damn uncomfortable.

That doesn't do anything to explain what you want from him right now.  I'm guessing you didn't complain when Bush gave his basketball picks during Iraq and Afghanistan. 

The foreign policy that has led to this has been a long time coming, not just the last six years.  Its crazy to expect Russia to just sit back and watch Nato and the EU plant bombs and bases right next door to them without them feeling damn uncomfortable.

Again, I'll let Krauthammer explain it. He does a far better job than I could:

As I’ve argued here before, there are things we can do: Send the secretary of defense to Kiev tomorrow to negotiate military assistance. Renew the missile-defense agreement with Poland and the Czech Republic. Announce a new policy of major U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas. Lead Europe from the front — to impose sanctions cutting off Russian enterprises from the Western banking system.

As we speak, Putin is deciding whether to go beyond Crimea and take eastern Ukraine. Show him some seriousness, Mr. President.

Edited by fan_since79

Again, I'll let Krauthammer explain it. He does a far better job than I could:

As I’ve argued here before, there are things we can do: Send the secretary of defense to Kiev tomorrow to negotiate military assistance. Renew the missile-defense agreement with Poland and the Czech Republic. Announce a new policy of major U.S. exports of liquefied natural gas. Lead Europe from the front — to impose sanctions cutting off Russian enterprises from the Western banking system.

As we speak, Putin is deciding whether to go beyond Crimea and take eastern Ukraine. Show him some seriousness, Mr. President.

That is the almost exact opposite of what I think we should do.

1. We should send the Secretary of Defense to Brussels and tell them we can't police the whole planet.

2. We need to quit running our mouths and stop threatening Russia with missile sites along their borders.

3. I agree we should be exporting natural gas but it would take years and a shit load of money to build the infrastructure to export it to Europe.

4. The western banking system is nothing but TRILLIONS of dollars of debt backed only by promises to pay it back. Russia's debt to GDP is hovering around 10% while the US is ballooning at about 73%. I'm quite sure Putin wants next to nothing to do with the "western banking system". That's why he is signing agreements with China that bypasses the US petro-dollar.

I can't stand Putin as much as the next guy. Russia's human rights record is terrible with the slaying of Anna Politzkovkaya and the poisoning of whistle blower Alexander Litvinenko, not to mention that Mikhail Khodorkovsky was sent to prison for over a decade because he opposed Putin's way of doing business. But he's running his economy a hell of a lot better than we are.

What I want our government to do is put our house in order before we start telling other countries what they can and cannot do. We have lost the moral highgound with our invasion of Iraq and our toying with countries like Egypt and Libya. We need to focus on curtailing the deficit, bringing our troops home and getting this government out of our daily lives.

/rant

What do you think those kind of things will do?  Sounds to me like another cold war.

You can do some of those items on the list or you can let him (Puttin) go unchecked. What do you think should be done?

So let me get this straight:

U.S. helped destabilize Ukraine

U.S. planned and helped to install new illegal government

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-eu-clash-on-how-to-install-a-puppet-regime-in-ukraine-victoria-nuland/5367794

U.S. funds the new coup-installed government (which ironically happens to be illegal per U.S. law)

http://rt.com/news/us-aid-ukraine-illegal-202/

New U.S. backed coup-installed government immediately releases Yulia Tymoshenko from prison with full sympathy and support from the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/hillary-clinton-yulia-tymoshenko-pm-ukraine-murder_n_2526781.html

And now this……………

http://www.infowars.com/yulia-tymoshenko-8-million-russians-in-ukraine-must-be-killed-with-nukes/

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Results-of-the-Ultra-in-by-George-Eliason-Anti-semitic_Anti-semitism_Crimea_Fascism-140324-700.html

Can someone remind me again of how Putin is the bad guy in this?

War is no longer a matter of 'if' and is now only a matter of 'when' now.  I can't believe they let this crazy bitch out of jail.  She's Hitler reincarnated.  Some serious sh!t is going to go down real soon in that entire region.  I think I just heard another 'I told ya so' from Putin as I'm typing this.  Putin is making the Americans look like a bunch of imbeciles.  The scary thing is it's hard for me to believe the U.S. didn't anticipate any of this was going to happen.

Really?

I don't get what is wrong with what mt said. I may be a conservative but I definitely don't want to be a hypocrite. If I am going to point out something I don't like a liberal doing, I'll do my best to call out a conservative that is guilty of the same thing.