• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Lhalo

Well maybe not so Godless. Over 58 million Russians affiliate themselves with the Russian Orthodox Church which can trace it's roots back to the Apostle Andrew predating the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church by a couple centuries.

Edited by Eric Notti

Everyone knows I'm no Obama fan, but I'm really trying to grasp what exactly he's supposed to do here.  He received crappy intel from our own intelligence.  I really think it's time to revamp that entire thing.

Regardless I think its Putin who is really going to be screwed here.  Its an unpopular move in Russia, its an unpopular move around the world, its messing with his own economy.  He isn't some badass.  He is scrambling to make himself look like one and I believe it will blow up in his face.  The only thing I think Obama is culpable for here is not recognizing this as a solid possiblity of occuring.

I don't understand what some people want. One of my Facebook friends called Obama out for being "weak", apparently for the cardinal sin of not sending American troops into Ukraine to show Putin that we have teeth. Glad that he has no say in Washington.

As far as Putin goes, he is cutting his own throat politically if he proceeds with something this unpopular with his own people.

I don't understand what some people want. One of my Facebook friends called Obama out for being "weak", apparently for the cardinal sin of not sending American troops into Ukraine to show Putin that we have teeth. Glad that he has no say in Washington.

As far as Putin goes, he is cutting his own throat politically if he proceeds with something this unpopular with his own people.

Obama needs to quit threatening Putin and drawing fake imaginary lines. Russia now owns the Crimean peninsula indefinitely and I wouldn't be surprised if they take the eastern half of the Ukraine as well. Who cares? It's all ethnic Russians anyway. The Ukraine is in a heap of debt and nobody seems to be in charge of the country as a whole. Hell, take a "pole" of the people there and ask them which country they would like to be a part of.

If the US had an unstable neighbor containing an important American navy base would we not secure our assets there?

Also, the EU won't back sanctions because Russia has vast resources of nat gas and oil that Europe depends on. LOL at Kerry going to Kiev and making it rain $1bn as if that's going to solve the problem. Lurch and Barry are in way over their heads and the US has no business lecturing when it is or isn't ok to invade sovereign nations.

Instead of focussing on what new conflicts we can stick our noses in, maybe we should focus on how we are going to exit the conflicts we are already in?

Lawrence, if they took a poll and asked all your neighbors what country they wanted to be a part of then you would now have a Mexican passport. Just sayin

Haha! Touché.

On a serious note Gazprom just announced that The Ukraine can't pay them in full for the February nat gas deliveries. They are already $2bn behind on their payments. The people in Crimea are lucky the Russians are annexing them because the rest of The Ukraine is about to freeze their balls off.

The people on the Crimean Peninsula are of Russian ethnicity, not Slavic.

Ethnolingusitic_map_of_ukraine.png

russians are slavs.

that entire area is slavic (eastern slavs are peeps like russia, ukraine and belarus)

hell most of eastern europe is slavic. except for the poor hungarians trapped in the middle who are magyar.

Edited by mrwicked