• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Lhalo

I don't get what is wrong with what mt said. I may be a conservative but I definitely don't want to be a hypocrite. If I am going to point out something I don't like a liberal doing, I'll do my best to call out a conservative that is guilty of the same thing.

There is nothing wrong with what he said. Maybe I didn't word my response correctly. I'm asking if that is really true. Did Bush really give his college basketball tournament picks to the nation from the west wing, or wherever they televise the event? If so, I will admit I’d be a little surprised.

Let me also say that I don't have a problem at all with President Obama or any other president having fun making their picks be known. I would have thought it more likely that Bush would have given his Sprint Cup Series predictions. Just goes to show you never know. Hopefully Bush didn't give his NASCAR picks on the same day a foreign country was being invaded which would have been perceived as being disconnected from his job and no doubt splashed on every front page by morning.  

Edited by Jim

I guess my point is that complaining about every jot and tittle a president does minimizes the real issues.  Its the same problem I have with birthers.  We spend so much time talking about and complaining about the dumbest little things while our government is rapidly taking away our rights.  We argue over titles, tags and labels while another cold war stares at us. 

I guess my point is that complaining about every jot and tittle a president does minimizes the real issues.  Its the same problem I have with birthers.  We spend so much time talking about and complaining about the dumbest little things while our government is rapidly taking away our rights.  We argue over titles, tags and labels while another cold war stares at us. 

Yeah, that is what I thought you meant. I only asked because you wrote something different and to the best of my recollection, not true.  :)

I completely agree that jots and tittles are not usually worth the effort nor do they reveal much about what is really important. Things like how many vacations a president takes is trivial, and should be viewed as who gives a shit. On the other hand, when a president knowingly holds a tittle'd and jotted event while simultaneously watching the Soviet Union walk in and take over another country unannounced, should that not legitimately raise some eyebrows?  

The true exception of viewing tittles and jots as nothing more than the shiny distractions they are must lie with the Clinton's. If it were not for the jotting and titling, the last few years would have been a massive void.

• 2 weeks later...

I too think about the Ukraine crises at 2:44 IN THE MORNING!

Ha! Ya I woke up and couldn't sleep so I was scanning the internet with my iPad.

Things are getting hot over there though. Government buildings have been taken over by Russian speaking separatists in about a dozen cities in eastern Ukraine, the director of the CIA went to Kiev a couple days ago under a false name, and a Russian jet was buzzing one of our Navy ships in the Black Sea. It's Cold War 2.0.

• 2 weeks later...

The Russians have been sending air patrols to the California coast.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2620924/US-Russian-planes-active-Asia-Pacific.html

If one of their aircraft enters US airspace off our coast the US should drop it from the sky immediately to send the message to Putin that he can start the final war any time he would like to. This would be Russia's final war since they no longer control one of the largest nuclear stockpiles or the launch facilities.

Many people say it starts with a 'currency' war which we've been at for years now,  Then they say it turns into a 'trade' war, which we're currently at with Russia and China.  Then they say it inevitably turns into a 'hot' war which we've always had a hard-on for and are doing everything possible to push for right now.

I think the time for a hot war is at its boiling point.  The currency war hasn't worked, the trade war won't work, and now the only thing left to do is provoke them into an all out war.  With Russia and China gone, the US will have a monopoly on the global economy with no one standing in their way.

Life as we know it may change forever, very soon.