• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jim Fregosi Suffers Stroke - Taken Off Life Support

Brent Maguire

His wikipedia page showed he died today...it's been since removed.  People are a little too quick to declare people dead.

the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

- winston churchill or w.c. fields or maybe will rogers

To be fair to Mike DiGiovanna if someone is taken off life support, this is usually not a case of good news. It likely means they expect him to not be able to live. And the family has made the decision not to keep him alive with a breathing machine.

This is not the same as reporting that he has been taken off life support because he is doing well and breathing on his own. 

To be fair to Mike DiGiovanna if someone is taken off life support, this is usually not a case of good news...

Fair? There is absolutely no excuse to report someone's death without being 100% sure. His source should have been an official press release or family spokesperson. Sloppy 'get it first' journalism.

In the early '70s, I was friends with a couple Angels and was invited to go out for drinks after a home game.  Fregosi and Jay Johnstone were there.  Johnstone said he was writing a book and he was going to call it "The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I."

First time I ever heard it.  Fregosi was a really nice guy.

Beloved Jim Fregosi passed away early this morning his son informed @TracyRingolsby with his family at his side. What a beautiful man.

Oakland As executive Billy Owens on Jim Fregosi: "He was the John Wayne of baseball. No doubt about it."

Sad day.

My mom worked at a hospital in Orange back in the day and I believe she was taking care of a friend of his (I should know since she has told me this a million times). He appreciated what her and another nurse were doing, so he took them to dinner and have them tickets to a game. Sounds like a pretty awesome guy to me.

RIP