• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Need opinion on car issue

xboom28x

You lease so I doubt you rack the miles I do. Mine has about 130k on it. Drives fine, gets better gas mileage than when it was new but requires oil added. Audis and BMWs have the same idiosyncrasy, beautiful performing cars but they burn a little oil.

This all could have been avoided if xboom had just invested in a fully restored Renault R10 sedan and then he could really wow those dates. I almost bought this one but my wife knew it was a chick magnet and said "No, oh hell no, just no." Evidently her Dad owned one and it caused marital friction. Or it leaked oil, can't remember.

0CDAEB22-7966-435F-996C-70EEEB744252_1.j

I don't lease. I might not put on the miles you do but I commute 40 miles each way most days.

Makes sense that they burn a little oil when they get up in age. I've never heard that I need to put extra in but maybe when it gets up there I will have to.

Probably will swap to something else before it gets to that stage though. 

I'm not a big fan of having a german car over 100k miles - that's when they start to get expensive.

Props on the Renault - the ultimate octogenarian panty dropper. 

I don't lease. I might not put on the miles you do but I commute 40 miles each way most days.

Makes sense that they burn a little oil when they get up in age. I've never heard that I need to put extra in but maybe when it gets up there I will have to.

Probably will swap to something else before it gets to that stage though.

I'm not a big fan of having a german car over 100k miles - that's when they start to get expensive.

Props on the Renault - the ultimate octogenarian panty dropper.

Pretty much all the German cars are dream machines until the century mark. That's when you find out certain parts are dealer only and start forking over stupid coin for labor to put in a side marker light or some such item you could find in a Pep Boys if only you had kept with a Puegot.

In about three weeks I am heading to San Jose to help a friend pick up a 69 Fiat Sport Coupe then seeking out danger by driving it all the way back to Encnitas. I think with two extra quarts of oil, a gallon of antifreeze, a roll of duct tape and four 10 amp fuses we should be able to make it to San Ardo if we take the coast route or Coalinga on the 5.

Pretty much all the German cars are dream machines until the century mark. That's when you find out certain parts are dealer only and start forking over stupid coin for labor to put in a side marker light or some such item you could find in a Pep Boys if only you had kept with a Puegot.

In about three weeks I am heading to San Jose to help a friend pick up a 69 Fiat Sport Coupe then seeking out danger by driving it all the way back to Encnitas. I think with two extra quarts of oil, a gallon of antifreeze, a roll of duct tape and four 10 amp fuses we should be able to make it to San Ardo if we take the coast route or Coalinga on the 5.

Except for those old Merc diesels.  They went forever.

How about that old Fiat of yours, how is the reliability on that?

yeah.

the hooptee blew a tire on the GG bridge. almost lost a spinner too.

luckily the airbrushed latina on the hood was a good conversation starter with the tourists taking pictures of the bay. 

so wait, that was your girl? i thought she looked familiar. tell her thanks again for the extra taco bell breakfast burrito she just happened to have handy.

Edited by Tank

In general don't most French and Italian cars fall apart the minute they leave the lot?

Pretty much. My sister owned a Fiat X1/9 that spent more time in the shop than it did in her driveway. I owned a 1982 Peugeot 505S turbodiesel that used to get some really strange maladies. It had a separate vacuum pump for the power brakes that failed during a trip in rural Arkansas, where of course there was absolutely no shortage of Peugeot parts.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan