• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suspected drunk driver kills 6 in wrong-way crash in Diamond Bar

Dude, we get it, you and Hollywood want to blow your brains out with drugs but are too big of pussies to risk getting busted. Just go ahead and do it. It's not like you will miss the career or family because the brain fry will help wipe away the need for either.

Then when you guys are riding on the wrong way on the freeway one of you that survives can post how sorry you were since you thought you could handle it.

Lol.

Don't let anyone tell you you're not a great mod.

People driving on weed aren't really a problem. I don't condone it but when was the last time you heard of someone smoking a bowl and plowing into a family? It rarely happens. It's alcohol that is the main problem IMO.

There is a woman in my prison right now who wiped out a group of teenagers while she was driving under the influence of marijuana. Her car plowed into the median where they were working, cleaning up a stretch of highway.

Story

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

There is a woman in my prison right now who wiped out a group of teenagers while she was driving under the influence of marijuana. Her car plowed into the median where they were working, cleaning up a stretch of highway.

Story

She also had E in her system. But such horrible story regardless. Even if she had nothing in her system, she should be in jail for killing 6 people.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I know exactly when I have had too much to drive. I don't lose the ability to reason when intoxicated (though of course some of my inhibitions go out the window), and intoxication isn't an excuse for me since I know the point at which I shouldn't be driving. If I ever drink and drive, I have nobody to blame but myself.

Are some of you different? Do you lose the ability to make any reasonable decisions after drinking? Do you lose the ability to determine whether or not you should get behind the wheel?

US tried to ban alcohol, it was called Prohibition. It failed miserably since crime drastically increased (i.e. mobsters bankrolls were funded on bootlegging). Pot has been illegal forever without a spike in crime, unlike the Prohibition Era. Anyone with a copper pot, corn, yeast, and fire can make booze in a very short time. Legalizing it was the best way to police it. Pot doesn't have the same impact in America like booze.

My issue in all of this is how will this help cut down on all of the deaths from drunk driving and the deaths to come from people driving high.

It seems that people want the freedom to use without any regard to how it affects others. This has to be addressed in a way that is responsible and equitable.

My thoughts exactly. She should not have been driving.

So how do you get her off the road? She wasn't able to make that decision, so how do you stop her and others like her from getting behind the wheel of her car and not wiping out some random family?

Is anybody even trying to stop it? It's not an exaggeration to say that the number of people in the US who have driven while over the legal limit, just since this thread started, is in 7 figures. They leave the bar, head to the ample parking adjacent to the establishment, crawl behind the wheel and drive off with nobody giving them a second thought until they kill a family on the interstate.They leave a bbq at yours our your neighbor's house and do the same thing. They leave their own house to make it to the packie before it shuts. Until this starts costing somebody up the chain some serious cash we can't even put a dent in it.

So how do you get her off the road? She wasn't able to make that decision, so how do you stop her and others like her from getting behind the wheel of her car and not wiping out some random family?

Maybe breathalyzers will become a standard in order to start cars in the future?

That report was misleading. It never gave a study of a person ONLY on marijuana. They kept saying both alcohol AND marijuana or "Drugged". Study also didn't say if overall fatal crashes have increased since the legalization of pot. If 500 people died before legalization and 500 people died after legalization, then pot isn't a culprit. Those crashes would have occurred if someone had pot in their system or a red bull or any other legal substance. That would be like banning cigarettes and stating, "fatal accidents involving cigarettes have decreased" even though the overall fatality rate stayed constant. The only reason why cigarette related accidents decreased is because people can't easily obtain them and never contributed to fatal accidents.

I also don't see why people keep lumping pot and alcohol together. They have different effects. People don't drink to get high. When is the last time some said "I smoked soooo much last night, I don't even remember jumping off the roof and breaking my leg?". I've been around groups that only smoked pot and only drank and both groups act completely different. I'm not claiming that it's not dangerous to smoke and drive, I just haven't seen a study that looks at pot alone. Instead they lump alcohol and other drugs into the story to increase dramatics.

That report was misleading. It never gave a study of a person ONLY on marijuana. They kept saying both alcohol AND marijuana or "Drugged". Study also didn't say if overall fatal crashes have increased since the legalization of pot. If 500 people died before legalization and 500 people died after legalization, then pot isn't a culprit. Those crashes would have occurred if someone had pot in their system or a red bull or any other legal substance. That would be like banning cigarettes and stating, "fatal accidents involving cigarettes have decreased" even though the overall fatality rate stayed constant. The only reason why cigarette related accidents decreased is because people can't easily obtain them and never contributed to fatal accidents.

I also don't see why people keep lumping pot and alcohol together. They have different effects. People don't drink to get high. When is the last time some said "I smoked soooo much last night, I don't even remember jumping off the roof and breaking my leg?". I've been around groups that only smoked pot and only drank and both groups act completely different. I'm not claiming that it's not dangerous to smoke and drive, I just haven't seen a study that looks at pot alone. Instead they lump alcohol and other drugs into the story to increase dramatics.

I still wouldn't want someone who smoked pot driving my daughter around in their car.