• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suspected drunk driver kills 6 in wrong-way crash in Diamond Bar

I can't imagine what that girl who was driving will feel when she wakes up (if she does) and learns about the terrible result of her destructive, stupid behavior and decision. How could a person go on living knowing that they caused that? If she survives, the prison time that she will serve will be nothing compared to the thoughts that will haunt her for the rest of her life.

With all due respect, this is insane.  She already had a prior DUI, at 17.  She'll walk away with a slap on the wrist, and if a bad thought happens to pop into her head, she'll drown it in alcohol, or blame it on "The Man".

You dreadfully underestimate the ability of people to rationalize their poor behavior.

Don't know if this was posted yet but I read that she already had a DUI on her record. It seems they all do.

Repeat offenders are commonplace because the punishments for DUI are not severe enough. 

There wouldn't be so many DUI's if the fine was $25,000 (or more) payable in cash or community service hours.  Most traffic and misdemeanor crimes carry penalties that are all too affordable. 

Repeat offenders are commonplace because the punishments for DUI are not severe enough. 

There wouldn't be so many DUI's if the fine was $25,000 (or more) payable in cash or community service hours.  Most traffic and misdemeanor crimes carry penalties that are all too affordable. 

Yeah, except you would put a lot of people on the streets with those kind of fines.  They are going to have to figure out something else.  Honestly, if somebody under 21 gets a DUI I think they should lose their license until they turn 21.  I really like the cars that test alcohol levels before starting.  I have no problem with those once somebody gets a DUI.  Driving is a privilege. 

With all due respect, this is insane.  She already had a prior DUI, at 17.  She'll walk away with a slap on the wrist, and if a bad thought happens to pop into her head, she'll drown it in alcohol, or blame it on "The Man".

You dreadfully underestimate the ability of people to rationalize their poor behavior.

She is not walking anywhere. Once released from the hospital she will go straight to booking for 6 manslaughter charges.

On this same note a ex coworker with my wife called us asking if we would sign our house over as security for a bail bond for her son that essentially did the same thing, killing his friend and others in a drunken car accident. He was in critical care for six months and a police officer was there with the handcuffs to take him straight to booking when the doctor's release came through.

She did the usual mom thing, pleading with us that he was a good boy and made a mistake. We told her that he might as well start serving his time now because he will be convicted and go to jail and we are not helping free him for one day.

I don't know when his trial date is, I don't care, he is dead to me and never want to hear from his mother again.

Yeah, except you would put a lot of people on the streets with those kind of fines.  They are going to have to figure out something else.  Honestly, if somebody under 21 gets a DUI I think they should lose their license until they turn 21.  I really like the cars that test alcohol levels before starting.  I have no problem with those once somebody gets a DUI.  Driving is a privilege. 

That's why I said cash or community service.  He/she can work weekends doing manual labor until the fines are paid off.  There's plenty of trash to be picked up and landscape maintenance to be done on government-owned properties. 

Either way the punishment needs to sting for it to be effective, which is clearly not the case with the current system.  

You're probably right. I think I do dreadfully underestimate most people and what they are capable or not capable of. Seeing or hoping that most people are generally "good" is and always has been a flaw of mine. Most people are selfish pricks.

The four people in the Explorer all died. The man in the third car survived. She had her driving restrictions released just last week. 

calif-crash-620x384.jpg

That mass of steel in front of the red explorer is what's left of her car, which it think was a camaro. I have no idea how she survived.

She shouldn't see the light of day ever again.

Aside from the whole tragedy, the fact that one of the news stations felt it necessary to bring up the fact that the dead sister also had something like 11 driving citations (including 2 DUI) is just pathetic.  Why they felt the need to basically trash on the dead sister that was only a passenger in the car is just ridiculous.

I think what they were pointing out is that this behavior was a problem that crossed family ties. Two irresponsible sisters equaled one horrible tragedy. They both were responsible for this, they went out together and got shit faced drunk and hopped in the car even after both had been through the system for DUI. At this point they both deserve, along with their parents, all the public scorn they earned.

Where are the parents to apologize for turning lose these two bitches on the public? I certainly hope they don't any other offspring out there making us all potential victims.