• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suspected drunk driver kills 6 in wrong-way crash in Diamond Bar

That's probably a good side discussion.

Why are there so many repeat DUI offenders? Doesn't the first DUI scare somebody enough to prevent it from happening again? And why do carloads of people get drunk knowing beforehand that nobody will be sober enough to drive them home?

because alcoholics tend to not give a f*** about anything besides getting as hammered as possible.

if you have multiple DUIs, you are an alcoholic period.

It's not a solution, but it's crazy that one is legal and one isn't (aside from a scant few states).

exactly.

alcohol is easily one of the most dangerous and addictive drugs in the world, yet its celebrated and glorified to no end in this country. To the point that you are almost considered a social outcast if you choose not to drink it.

now tell me how that is not f'd up, notti

US tried to ban alcohol, it was called Prohibition. It failed miserably since crime drastically increased (i.e. mobsters bankrolls were funded on bootlegging). Pot has been illegal forever without a spike in crime, unlike the Prohibition Era. Anyone with a copper pot, corn, yeast, and fire can make booze in a very short time. Legalizing it was the best way to police it. Pot doesn't have the same impact in America like booze.

Adding it to the open market would take it away from the control of Cartels. That's a good enough reason for me.

Cartels make a boatload off opiates. Legalizing pot will have little impact on them. They will just smuggle in more coke, heroine and E. Or just find some other drug entirely. I think pot should be legal, but not because of cartels. 

Cartels make a boatload off opiates. Legalizing pot will have little impact on them. They will just smuggle in more coke, heroine and E. Or just find some other drug entirely. I think pot should be legal, but not because of cartels. 

Legalize coke too.

Legalize coke too.

Dude, we get it, you and Hollywood want to blow your brains out with drugs but are too big of pussies to risk getting busted. Just go ahead and do it. It's not like you will miss the career or family because the brain fry will help wipe away the need for either.

Then when you guys are riding on the wrong way on the freeway one of you that survives can post how sorry you were since you thought you could handle it.

Dude, we get it, you and Hollywood want to blow your brains out with drugs but are too big of pussies to risk getting busted. Just go ahead and do it. It's not like you will miss the career or family because the brain fry will help wipe away the need for either.

Then when you guys are riding on the wrong way on the freeway one of you that survives can post how sorry you were since you thought you could handle it.

I don't do drugs and I sure as hell don't drive on them. I just feel that most of them should be legalized and taxed just like alcohol.

But incidents will increase. I'm not totally opposed to legalization of drugs but there would be consequences. Just like alcohol.

Meh. I'm not so sure about that, especially if the punishments are more harsh. People driving on weed aren't really a problem. I don't condone it but when was the last time you heard of someone smoking a bowl and plowing into a family? It rarely happens. It's alcohol that is the main problem IMO.

Sigh...incidents wouldn't increase because pot would be legal.  Do you honestly think that people who want to smoke pot are waiting for it to be legal?

In my experience, stoners tend to stay on the couch, not go speeding down the freeway. I am sure there are exceptions, as there are to most any general statement... ;)

Edited by BaseballMom

Sigh...incidents wouldn't increase because pot would be legal.  Do you honestly think that people who want to smoke pot are waiting for it to be legal?

In my experience, stoners tend to stay on the couch, not go speeding down the freeway. I am sure their are exceptions, as there are to most any general statement...;)

Pot isn't the drug I was thinking about. Those that want drugs legalized want most of them on that list. I've dealt with a lot of people on meth and there is no way anyone can convince me that alcohol is as bad. I'd like to think that if "hard drugs" were legal their usage wouldn't increase.

Sigh...incidents wouldn't increase because pot would be legal. Do you honestly think that people who want to smoke pot are waiting for it to be legal?

In my experience, stoners tend to stay on the couch, not go speeding down the freeway. I am sure their are exceptions, as there are to most any general statement...;)

thanks mom

you are a jackass